+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
O/S Deployment Thread, Installing FOG in Technical; Yes. That is post imaging, right? I presume it doesn't say that beforehand?...
    Thank Post
    Yes. That is post imaging, right? I presume it doesn't say that beforehand?

Thank Post
    That was before imaging. I'll reimage and report back.

Thank Post
    This is the disk info after imaging DC7900 after (2).JPG As you can see the end of sda2 is 1 cylinder more than before imaging.

I've taken another image this time with fog set to multiple partition single disk and that works fine on the desktops so just sending that to a different type of DC7900 to check that works.

Edit:
    Well the image works with the other type of DC7900 so I'm happy with that. While I was playing with fog I reinstalled win7 deleting the partitions and letting win7 create a new one. Fdisk listed the partitions as shown in the first screenshot. I took an image using single partition single disk but when reimaging the client wouldn't boot and gave the same error as before so it looks like I must use the multiple partition option.
    Last edited by Jobos; 31st May 2012 at 04:48 PM.

Thank Post
    As an aside, I have created my W7 image within a VM. I have had no issues imaging and deploying this through FOG. Initially I forgot about the 100mb system partition and set fog to upload the image as SINGLE partition. this still worked just fine on my first test PC. I since then use multiple partition model within fog and all is still well.

Thank Post
    I think FOG automatically takes the system partition in to account. It may need the Host OS section to be set to Windows 7 before you upload the image, but all of my Windows 7 images are set to Single Partition and I've had no trouble deploying them. It's preferable to use Single Partition where possible because FOG can automatically resize the partition for you.

Thank Post
    Sorry I forgot to say, I *did* set the host OS to windows 7 before upload so probably the same as you (i.e. have no issues). I only use a single partition on my PCs so I simply tell unattend.xml to expand.
    Last edited by KK20; 15th June 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,889 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TechieWils View Post
    As promised here's the guide I used to start me off building a Windows 7 image:

Attachment 13983
    I found a couple of gotchas with this so far.

1. The 'AutoLogon' part under OOBE in the AIK says to add the password, however for the life of me I could not figure out how to do this within the software. I ended up saving the unattend.xml file, then copying the password section from the later local accounts section and pasted it in using notepad. It then appeared in the AIK software.
    2. If you have the Fog Service installed on the client, and you have it set to join Active Directory or similar, then your machine will restart whilst it is trying to set up the drivers. To resolve this, I added a net stop "Fog Service" to the setupcomplete.cmd file, and then a net start "Fog Service" to the end of the RemoveD.cmd file.
    3. The script for removing the drivers folder refers to deleting a C:\D folder. This isn't needed any more, as that folder is auto-cleaned by the driver tool now.

8. Thanks to localzuk from:

Jobos (20th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I found a couple of gotchas with this so far.

2. If you have the Fog Service installed on the client, and you have it set to join Active Directory or similar, then your machine will restart whilst it is trying to set up the drivers. To resolve this, I added a net stop "Fog Service" to the setupcomplete.cmd file, and then a net start "Fog Service" to the end of the RemoveD.cmd file.
    That's a very good point. I didn't need to do this as I told sysprep to keep the existing drivers as all the machines are of the same model.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,889 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Oh, also, I found that the driver packs aren't 100% with our laptops - in particular, the multi-card reader and the free fall sensors didn't get installed on an Dell Latitude E5420. So, I crafted a custom driver pack using the instructions here: [Tutorial] Making your own DriverPacks for n00bs (Page 1) - 3rd Party DriverPacks - DriverPacks.net Forum

Thank Post
    Fujitsus need an ACPI driver too, nothing critical though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123