+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
O/S Deployment Thread, Sims push in Technical; Hi All, As I have not be allowed to use the new solus yet how has anyone pushed out SIMS ...
  1. #1
    Rozzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    720
    Thank Post
    21
    Thanked 80 Times in 61 Posts
    Rep Power
    32

    Sims push

    Hi All,

    As I have not be allowed to use the new solus yet how has anyone pushed out SIMS via sccm? I could add the sims setup folder but seems like a lot of pointless files being copied. Can I Just put the sims application setup in a folder and grab the content of that and script an install?

    Thanks

    Ross

  2. #2

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,876
    Thank Post
    127
    Thanked 279 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross2k5 View Post
    Hi All,

    As I have not be allowed to use the new solus yet how has anyone pushed out SIMS via sccm? I could add the sims setup folder but seems like a lot of pointless files being copied. Can I Just put the sims application setup in a folder and grab the content of that and script an install?

    Thanks

    Ross
    Run the exes (application, ampark, manual) via a TS.

  3. #3
    Rozzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    720
    Thank Post
    21
    Thanked 80 Times in 61 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    That will do the trick for a freshly new imaged machine but its more for when an update is released.

  4. #4

    Theblacksheep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    1,876
    Thank Post
    127
    Thanked 279 Times in 204 Posts
    Rep Power
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross2k5 View Post
    That will do the trick for a freshly new imaged machine but its more for when an update is released.
    Same for updates.

    Sometimes the updates don't use all of the exes, but you can check by seeing the file dates in the updated folder on the SIMS server.

  5. #5

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,390
    Thank Post
    797
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Rep Power
    427
    This sims silent installer works if thats any use?

    Code:
    @echo off
    net use s: "\\server\sims$"
    s:
    cls
    echo.*****************************************************************************
    echo.***************************************************************************** 
    echo.**************Installing Sims Please wait for wait for*********************** 
    echo.***************this Window to close before continuing************************
    echo.*****************************************************************************
    echo.***************************************************************************** 
    
    s:\sims\Setups\SIMSInfrastructureSetup.exe -a {QuietMode}
    
    s:\sims\Setups\SIMSapplicationsetup.exe /s {QuietMode} {NoServerApps} [SIMSDirectory]="s:\SIMS\" [SIMSDotNetDirectory]="C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net"
    
    s:\sims\Setups\SIMSMAnualSetup.exe /s {QuietMode} {NoServerManuals} [SIMSDirectory]="s:\SIMS\" [SIMSDotNetDirectory]="C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net" 
    
    s:\sims\Setups\SIMSAMPARKSetup.exe /s {QuietMode} {NoServerApps} [SIMSDirectory]="s:\SIMS\" [SIMSDotNetDirectory]="C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net"
    
    xcopy "S:\sims\setups\installscriptfiles\connect.ini" "c:\program files\sims\sims .net\" /h /y
    xcopy "S:\sims\setups\installscriptfiles\sims.ini" "C:\WINDOWS\" /h /y
    net use s: /d /y

  6. 2 Thanks to FN-GM:

    akidosaint (25th April 2013), Rozzer (17th April 2012)

  7. #6
    Rozzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    720
    Thank Post
    21
    Thanked 80 Times in 61 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    Worth a shot ill just have the content of the script folder and run that script.
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    This sims silent installer works if thats any use?


    Code:
    @echo off
    net use s: "\\server\sims$"
    s:
    cls
    echo.*****************************************************************************
    echo.***************************************************************************** 
    echo.**************Installing Sims Please wait for wait for*********************** 
    echo.***************this Window to close before continuing************************
    echo.*****************************************************************************
    echo.***************************************************************************** 
    
    s:\sims\Setups\SIMSInfrastructureSetup.exe -a {QuietMode}
    
    s:\sims\Setups\SIMSapplicationsetup.exe /s {QuietMode} {NoServerApps} [SIMSDirectory]="s:\SIMS\" [SIMSDotNetDirectory]="C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net"
    
    s:\sims\Setups\SIMSMAnualSetup.exe /s {QuietMode} {NoServerManuals} [SIMSDirectory]="s:\SIMS\" [SIMSDotNetDirectory]="C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net" 
    
    s:\sims\Setups\SIMSAMPARKSetup.exe /s {QuietMode} {NoServerApps} [SIMSDirectory]="s:\SIMS\" [SIMSDotNetDirectory]="C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net"
    
    xcopy "S:\sims\setups\installscriptfiles\connect.ini" "c:\program files\sims\sims .net\" /h /y
    xcopy "S:\sims\setups\installscriptfiles\sims.ini" "C:\WINDOWS\" /h /y
    net use s: /d /y

  8. #7
    Rozzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    720
    Thank Post
    21
    Thanked 80 Times in 61 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    Thanks for the advice got it working a treat now

    Got it to check the date of pulsar.exe and if its greater than 18/March then it won't run the install. Gotta love SCCM 2012

    Ross

  9. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    323
    Thank Post
    18
    Thanked 35 Times in 33 Posts
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozzer View Post
    Thanks for the advice got it working a treat now

    Got it to check the date of pulsar.exe and if its greater than 18/March then it won't run the install. Gotta love SCCM 2012

    Ross
    @Rozzer
    How did you get the check to work? Did you have to setup the script in an msi as i found the supersede will only work with applications and not programs

  10. #9
    eejit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    605
    Thank Post
    51
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
    Rep Power
    21
    @Rozzer I'd also like to know how you set up this part if you have time
    Thanks!

  11. #10
    Sam_Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    435
    Thank Post
    73
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    Is it not easier to allow end users to update SIMS on their own?

  12. #11
    TheScarfedOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plymouth, Devon
    Posts
    1,074
    Thank Post
    520
    Thanked 146 Times in 132 Posts
    Blog Entries
    78
    Rep Power
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Brown View Post
    Is it not easier to allow end users to update SIMS on their own?
    This is what I do via the Software Centre, which runs the installers again silently (it auto updates the package from ...\sims\setups

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. [SIMS] Error message on SIMS
    By Gatt in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17th October 2013, 10:49 AM
  2. [SIMS] Deployment of SIMs
    By jumpinjamez in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 17th April 2012, 07:35 PM
  3. [SIMS] Logging Users Off and Time Outs SIMS
    By Grommit in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 18th January 2012, 01:30 PM
  4. [SIMS] SIMS & MSI
    By PhilNeal in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 162
    Last Post: 5th October 2011, 10:32 AM
  5. [SIMS] SIMS and online registration
    By alexknight in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 25th March 2011, 12:33 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •