O/S Deployment Thread, DELL Optiplex 745 trouble in Technical; We recently set up a new FOG server (0.32)
We are having problems pushing a Windows 7 image to an ...
21st February 2012, 11:34 AM #1
DELL Optiplex 745 trouble
We recently set up a new FOG server (0.32)
We are having problems pushing a Windows 7 image to an Dell Optiplex 745.
We can take an image from this machine but not restore. It stops at the 72mb point every time.
What we have tried so far to fix it..
- Tried to restore to a different Optiplex 745 - stops
- Tried to restore a different image to the Optiplex 745 - stops
- Tried an older FOG server (0.29) - stops
- updated BIOS on the Optiplex 745 and tried restore - stops
- deleted all partitions with Gparted and tried restore - stops
- Tried to restore Optiplex 745 image to a non Optiplex 745 machine - works
This leads me to believe the problem is the Optiplex 745 machine rather than a problem with the image or our FOG server.
Has anybody encountered a similar problem if so how did you fix it?
IDG Tech News
21st February 2012, 12:05 PM #2
Have you tried a different kernel? We have to use bzImage30 for our 740s here but I think one of the KS kernels works as well.
21st February 2012, 01:02 PM #3
Wouldn't know where to start with swapping the kernel. Do you have a guide?
By akidosaint in forum Recommended Suppliers
Last Post: 11th May 2011, 11:15 AM
By soveryapt in forum Windows
Last Post: 4th May 2010, 11:45 AM
By Danlewis3 in forum Classified Adverts
Last Post: 25th March 2010, 12:07 PM
By mac_shinobi in forum How do you do....it?
Last Post: 8th January 2008, 07:59 PM
By DaveP in forum How do you do....it?
Last Post: 3rd October 2007, 12:18 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)