O/S Deployment Thread, WDS + HP's BIOS Replicate Settings Tool = Duplicate UUID in WDS in Technical; Take 5 HP 8200 series desktops. Set one up correctly in BIOS, save config to USB stick. Load config on ...
13th February 2012, 02:53 PM #1
WDS + HP's BIOS Replicate Settings Tool = Duplicate UUID in WDS
- Take 5 HP 8200 series desktops.
- Set one up correctly in BIOS, save config to USB stick.
- Load config on other 4.
- Netboot them all, so they're waiting for approval in WDS
- Name + Approve the first one.
- Watch as all 5 machines pxe boot successfully, despite just naming and approving the first one.
- Notice in WDS console that machines 2-5 have the same UUID
- Open BIOS on a couple of them, look in Security > System IDs
- Notice UUID (which should be read-only and not changeable) has been copied from first machine to the rest).
Swear at HP.
Last edited by pete; 13th February 2012 at 03:05 PM.
13th February 2012, 03:20 PM #2
UUID after replicating settings
Second machine with same UUID
13th February 2012, 04:00 PM #3
And the fix (for the 8200 series at least) is to press CTRL-A once in the BIOS to enable editing of things that don't look editable.
By DaveP in forum Hardware
Last Post: 29th June 2010, 03:57 PM
By farquea in forum Windows
Last Post: 11th September 2009, 01:20 PM
By mattx in forum Windows
Last Post: 15th October 2007, 02:23 PM
By andy in forum Network and Classroom Management
Last Post: 24th April 2007, 12:24 PM
By tosca925 in forum Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Last Post: 29th June 2006, 08:53 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)