+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, few questions on FOG in Technical; is there a way to clone just a single partition in a os / data partition setup? basically, we want ...

Thank Post

few questions on FOG

is there a way to clone just a single partition in a os / data partition setup?

basically, we want to backup a pc but everything in the data partition is backed up nightly and protected with Raid 5. we just want the OS cloned. under .32 is this possible? i see you can clone and use a re sizable partition, however, i dont see an option to just select a drive, or is this something that is done as the upload start?

also, with FOG on a few machines i am getting errors about the SID's on a few pc's when they're auto-joined. for some reason, i had to join the master image to the domain in order to install some software, but i took it off afterwards. when i deployed that image to the 4 pc's i see netlogon errors on our DC with trust accounts (pcname$) is there a way to fix this? our AD expert said he would change to certs for the pc's instead? what would be the best thing to do in this scenario?

and as a last note, should i sysprep every machine i clone? its not vol licencing i'm using, we buy all of ours from dell when we order our machines.

oh, and i love fog i'm learning more and more as i play with it.

Thank Post
    Hi, I've been new to fog too and imlemented it onto our network this year and re-imaged all of clients with it this summer. I am hugely impressed with it.

As for your questions...

I have sysprepped every image i have created and have a feeling you may be having SID problems with machines because of not syspreping machines before taking an image of them.

Hope that makes sense and helps abit.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EvLPhenom View Post
    Hi, I've been new to fog too and imlemented it onto our network this year and re-imaged all of clients with it this summer. I am hugely impressed with it.

As for your questions...

I have sysprepped every image i have created and have a feeling you may be having SID problems with machines because of not syspreping machines before taking an image of them.

Hope that makes sense and helps abit.
    somewhat! i have done some reading and i did do FOG prep on the pc before i used the image. the one thing i'm concerned about mostly is the sysprep itself. you can only do 3 before it locks you out? or is there a reset on sysprep? is there a way to automatically generate a random pc name with sysprep so i dont have to manually input a pc name?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread