I have a set of 20 Win7 netbooks at my school that we're trying to prepare for student checkout. Rather than manually "fix" the software on 20 machines (with the possibility of having to do it again at a later time if students mess around with them), I'm trying to set up an imaging system I can use independently of my district's infrastructure.

I've installed Ubuntu 11.04 along side my district's Win XP install on a laptop. I'd like to install FOG server on that Ubuntu machine, and connect it to am 8-port hub with the netbooks to capture and then deploy the image. It doesn't seem to want to take when the laptop is connected in any way to the network, but I can't figure out how to set up the network parameters of the laptop when it's disconnected from our network. I've tried following the guide on the FOG project website about installing FOG on an isolated network, but it doesn't want to find the management page.

I'm not a Linux guy, but am a pretty quick study. I figure there's some detailed setup on the back end that I'm missing - I just need some help figuring out what it is. Any help would be appreciated, or let me know if there's more information I need to post here.

Thanks,
JW