+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, windows 7 and the unmountable boot volume in Technical; Morning everyone, To start any and all help is greatfully received as Im about to put anumber of Samsung netbooks ...

Thank Post

windows 7 and the unmountable boot volume

Morning everyone,

To start any and all help is greatfully received as Im about to put anumber of Samsung netbooks out the window. If your good at catch your welcome to one. The details:

Fog server: 0.27 (old I know)
    netbook: Samsung N150 plus netbook Atom Processor
    Have used the Fogprep utility prior to uploading image, will only upload as multipartion although it says single partition should work (it doesnt).

After deploying the image I get the error unmountable boot volume and the stop code 0x000000ED (0x80debccb0, 0xc0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000), cannot get into the recovery console or safe mode. Using the Win 7 disk to run start up repair and am running chkdsk /r as we speak.

So to sum up i need your help, Fog works fine on XP machines but these are the first machines I've used it with Win 7.

Ps I have 80 of these b****y things to get done.
    Thank you

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    I don't use FOG, but looking at the changes here, it may well be worth upgrading to 0.32 to fix any problems you're having.

The 0x000000ED is very generic as it affects all newer Microsoft OSes. Have you tried using Microsoft's own Sysprep or MySysprep2?

3. Thanks to Michael from:

Wils86 (17th August 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I don't use FOG, but looking at the changes here, it may well be worth upgrading to 0.32 to fix any problems you're having.

The 0x000000ED is very generic as it affects all newer Microsoft OSes. Have you tried using Microsoft's own Sysprep or MySysprep2?
    Generic is putting it nicely, I havent used sysprep with these netbooks as they wont be seeing the network but I have used it with my XP machines with a lot more success than what im haveing now.

I had a feeling I may have to update it, the only reason I've held off for so long is that it was doing every thing I wanted until now.

Cheers for the links going to have a read now.

Thank Post
    A lot of people find that Windows 7 imaging only worked when the OS type was set to Vista. You can install Windows 7 to single partition by from it's own install but the sequence is a little convoluted. I have done it in the past though. You may want to upgrade to the latest version of FOG as I think that this removes the need for FOGPrep and may solve the problem.

If you just want to clone devices you could use partimage more directly with something like PING.

6. Thanks to morganw from:

Wils86 (18th August 2011)

Thank Post
    Cheers for the advice Morganw, yesterday and last night I upgraded fog to .32 (very clean new UI) and then uploaded a new fresh image off one of the netbooks and today deployed that image. Sadly the same out come has occured with a BSOD and unmountable boot drive error.

I'll try the Vista trick now, id rather not rebuild the image but if I have to i will.

On another note it shouldnt matter to Fog if the OS is Windows 7 Starter as part of me thinks this may be the issue as it writes the MBR separate if im right in how fog works? Could be wrong though.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Have you checked the sata settings in the BIOS? We have some nettops that will only play if set to native IDE instead of AHCI....

Quote Originally Posted by Wils86 View Post
    Cheers for the advice Morganw, yesterday and last night I upgraded fog to .32 (very clean new UI) and then uploaded a new fresh image off one of the netbooks and today deployed that image. Sadly the same out come has occured with a BSOD and unmountable boot drive error.

I'll try the Vista trick now, id rather not rebuild the image but if I have to i will.

On another note it shouldnt matter to Fog if the OS is Windows 7 Starter as part of me thinks this may be the issue as it writes the MBR separate if im right in how fog works? Could be wrong though.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wils86 View Post
    The imaging is done with Partimage and that handles the MBR record seperately. You might be able to find more help if you searched online for Windows 7 and Partimage.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morganw View Post
    The imaging is done with Partimage and that handles the MBR record seperately. You might be able to find more help if you searched online for Windows 7 and Partimage.
    Looks like I got some reading tonight thanks.

PS using vista as the OS didnt work either. Oh well

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread