+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, [MDT] Litetouch has encountered an environment error... in Technical; Hi all, I'm getting this error when I image a computer that already has been imaged.... Litetouch has encountered an ...

Thank Post

[MDT] Litetouch has encountered an environment error...

Hi all,

I'm getting this error when I image a computer that already has been imaged....

Litetouch has encountered an environment error (boot into winpe)

IMG_20110720_083739.jpg

Any idea how I can beat this, as obviously I will at some point have to image a computer more than once... I think its to do with files left behind by previous image.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,654 Times in 2,254 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If it is left over files you can boot into the command prompt and use "diskpart" then "select disk 0" then "clean" to completely wipe the drive. This will allow you to see if it is to do with stuff left on the hard drive. If so it is probably to do with incomplete cleanup task at the end of the build. It is probably the c:\MININT and the c:\windows\system32\sysprep\Panther and another Panther folder floating around somewhere.

Thank Post
    Thanks synack, how do i get into the command prompt from mdt?

Thank Post
    ^That's correct. Also, you might want to look for _SMSTasksequence (not sure of the exact foldername) on the root of your C drive and delete it if you're not able to do the Diskpart.

You can usually invoke command prompt the minute you boot into your MDT Boot Image by hitting F8.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There is an option right after you pick the language that lets you choose to either run a deployment task or run command prompt. If it does not get that far you can also setup MDT to build a plain image without all the deployment stuff by going into the distribution point's properties and somewhere in there is a checkbox to also build a clean WinPE image with all the drivers but none of the extra scripting stuff. After this is generated add the WIM into WDS and you can boot it right to a fresh command prompt which can be really handy.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    ^That's correct. Also, you might want to look for _SMSTasksequence (not sure of the exact foldername) on the root of your C drive and delete it if you're not able to do the Diskpart.

You can usually invoke command prompt the minute you boot into your MDT Boot Image by hitting F8.
    Thanks, I knew there was one I was missing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    There is an option right after you pick the language that lets you choose to either run a deployment task or run command prompt.
    The only option I have when booting are to set a computer name, everything else has been automated. So I don't think there'd be a way to get into a command prompt. I'll try the F8.

To be honest though it would be better if this didnt have to happen in the first place, and the MDT cleaned itself up at the end. Is there something I can do to make it do this properly?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrunt View Post
    The only option I have when booting are to set a computer name, everything else has been automated. So I don't think there'd be a way to get into a command prompt. I'll try the F8.

To be honest though it would be better if this didnt have to happen in the first place, and the MDT cleaned itself up at the end. Is there something I can do to make it do this properly?
    It generally does, it just depends on if the last little bit of cleanup faults out or not. You could write a machine startup script applied by GPO to check if the folders exist and if they do delete them.

Thank Post
    which folders would i need to delete then?

Thank Post
    You would need to delete MININT and _SMSTaskSequence, but only after the build has completed. I'd recommend you create a run command line at the end of your MDT task sequence. If you incorporate it into a GPO as a startup script, what you will find is, it will screw up your rebuilds. Normally once the rebuild has completed MDT removes the folders but leaves behind the MININT folder that contains 4 files that are, I believe, DLL.

Thank Post
    so how can i tell mdt to remove the files if its still using it as part of the end part though...

Thank Post
    Same Error happened to me awhile ago i couldnt ever find a fix :|

Thank Post
    Nope, so what do you do then if you want to image a computer more than once...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread