+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, No job was found for this mac address in Technical; Hi having an issue with FOG multicasting. We are using 0.31 The error is No Job was found for this ...
    Unvalidated User
    Thank Post

No job was found for this mac address

Hi having an issue with FOG multicasting. We are using 0.31 The error is No Job was found for this mac address. I have tried deleting manually each MAC address file but havent tried anything else below.

Any ideas as we really need to get multicasting working.

Thanks

Below is a link taken off a site with the above issue.

mfaheynaz

2011-02-18 22:31:07 UTC
    Recently upgrade to 0.29. Every since multicast does not work. Unicast does. We get the following error.

"No job was found for MAC Address"

How can I fix this? Also, I am using eth1. I noticed there are several hard coded references to eth0 in the code which I had to change to fix this.

2.chadgray

2011-02-19 08:45:21 UTC
    I've seen this error - I think there is a bug. If a multicast job is killed via the web interface, the tasks are successfully removed and the PXE jobs deleted from /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg (the 01-<mac address> files)

However, if a multicast job fails or is aborted, the tasks are cleaned up but the PXE jobs remain. This causes the "no job was found for MAC address" error. The fix for this is to manually delete the 01-<mac address> files from /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg

I'm not using eth0 either but I don't recall seeing hard coded references to it. There are several places in the fog settings page where you can update the interface *including a UDPcast interface setting) but I found one I think I had to do manually:

MULTICASTINTERFACE in /opt/fog/service/etc/config.php

Don't forget to restart the FOG services after changing this. Also, you can view the multicast log from the web console which may shed some light on the problem.

3.mfaheynaz

2011-02-21 15:59:20 UTC
    I have removed the jobs from /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg however the error still exists. In the code this error is thrown when it doesn't find the job in the database. Could this be a permissions thing on the database tables since the upgrade?

Something is really busted

Thank Post

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GarnierSkinNaturals View Post
    Hi having an issue with FOG multicasting. We are using 0.31 The error is No Job was found for this mac address. I have tried deleting manually each MAC address file but havent tried anything else below.

2.chadgray

2011-02-19 08:45:21 UTC
    I've seen this error - I think there is a bug. If a multicast job is killed via the web interface, the tasks are successfully removed and the PXE jobs deleted from /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg (the 01-<mac address> files)

However, if a multicast job fails or is aborted, the tasks are cleaned up but the PXE jobs remain. This causes the "no job was found for MAC address" error. The fix for this is to manually delete the 01-<mac address> files from /tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg

I'm not using eth0 either but I don't recall seeing hard coded references to it. There are several places in the fog settings page where you can update the interface *including a UDPcast interface setting) but I found one I think I had to do manually:

MULTICASTINTERFACE in /opt/fog/service/etc/config.php

Something is really busted
    thank you so much solved the problem for me.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread