+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, viglen ominino to cc3 network in Technical; Hi guys, Got a trial omnino 4 from viglen, that crashes overtime at the RM workstation splash screen. I've copied ...

Thank Post

viglen ominino to cc3 network

Hi guys,

Got a trial omnino 4 from viglen, that crashes overtime at the RM workstation splash screen. I've copied the build drivers across to each of the build servers, but is that good enough? Do they need to appear in a certain folder, as there is one called RMDRV, but I've left them outside in a folder viglen, but within the xpbuild area. Anyone assist me please?

Cheers as always guys n gals.

Thank Post
    Eureka moment, in the excitement of getting it out the box, I've overlooked that its more than likely the BIOS settings for the SATA channels need setting to IDE emulation for xp to install lol.

Thank Post
    nope post needs *bumped* still no luck!

Thank Post
    Hi Andy,

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I've got a omnino 4 on trial at the moment but can't get it to build on to CC3 no matter what drivers I use. After you select a network card driver on the screen after entering the station name, location, etc it says "Too many parameters. Could not install chosen network card." It's got a viglen motherboard in with a Realtek RTL8111E network card.

Thanks

David

Thank Post
    Hi Dave, we did - however we had to go for an intel DQ57TM main board in the Omnino which built beautifully with no issues. The problem was that these boards are for the 1st gen core iX processors and wasn't in plentful supply. Its the CC3 build process which will hold you back. On the plus side, we are trashing our forest route server in about half an hour and rebuilding to CC4 so mainboards will not be such an issue in the future. Our viglen account manager is Ibrihim Unstun or Albert Seminero. Ask your account manager if he/she is different to speak to one of them and see what they can do. I fully recommend the Omnino 4 and Viglen, they have been excellent so far!

PM me your number if you have any other questions

6. Thanks to andyturpie from:

mp4-dave (26th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Also have you tried creating a fresh build disk/USB? also found a link to some NDIS2 drivers here Realtek

Just a thought

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 1,376 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Build the computer as a vanilla XP desktop. [Make sure all drivers are installed.]

Then go to \\[server]\RMHolding\Utilities\RM Commissioning Utilities\<version>\ [It's something like that] and install the commissioning utilities.

Then run C:\RM\Install\SmartClient.bat

Fill in the details and it'll join the domain and look just like any other CC3 machine.

9. Thanks to X-13 from:

mp4-dave (26th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Thank you for the replies.

X-13 - I have smart cliented the machine and that works fine. The problem is we're looking to buy over 100 machines. Smart clienting in that quantity is not really an option.

Andy - I have tried creating build disks with drivers from Viglen and realtek, as well as adding the windows drivers to the build area with no luck. Viglen say that with HSP 51 installed, which we have, it should just work. The build process detects a Realtek 8168 card but then fails with a looping "Bad command or file name" error before it gets to the stage where it installs windows.

I'm glad to hear you like the Omninos, we too are looking to move to CC4 but will have to run this batch of machines on CC3 until at least October.

Thank Post
    Dave - smartclienting 100 machines for such a short time would be worth doing. Obviously you don't the the remote support tools, but imho, these machines are the daddy
    Just itching to start PXE building ours from now on lol

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread