+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Unable to open /dev/sr0 in Technical; Good afternoon all, This is my first post and i would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can offer. I am ...
    Thank Post

Unable to open /dev/sr0

Good afternoon all,

This is my first post and i would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can offer.

I am currently trying to upload an image to my FOG server (0.29). The image in question is a Sysprepped Windows 7 64-bit install.

My FOG server has been saving my legs for quite a while now and i've had previous Sysprepped images working perfectly well, the only issue was we have been using images for each individual computer model... which isn't quite as drastic as it sounds but with the upgrade to 64-bit that is inevitable I chose to create one base image, to be used on pc's and laptops to try and create some form of standardisation... if thats ever possible.

So my image has been created, Office etc installed updates as recent as they can be, havent checked for atleast a day all the usual task bar pinnings and now the i can't pull the damn image. You should probably know it is on a single image which I am attempting to have resizable.

I think I've seen this before and it was due to the file system being locked due to me pressing the big bad button and the file system needing checking. This isn't the case as i've ran through chkdsk a fair few times and have checked the attributes of the disk via diskpart from which the disk is confident it isn't in a read-only state.

Please can someone save my sanity (and my hair) by offering some insight?

Many thanks
    JB_IT

Thank Post
    Hi again,

I've got a feeling that the /dev/sr0 is a non-issue. As hard drives are usually registered in Linux as either /dev/hda*, /dev/sda* or /dev/sdb* i'm going to take a guess that it sr0 is the card reader..... why it is trying to open it is another question but i've managed to get past it for now.

MWT

Thank Post
    Yea, SR = SCSI Read (as opposed to write) - it's usually a CDROM, but I suppose if FOG doesn't understand it, it could be any storage device- e.g. Cardreader/other... Interesting question is: Upon deployment will FOG attempt to write your image to the card reader? :O
    Last edited by MWT; 22nd March 2011 at 07:24 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread