+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Connecting to WDS Server in Technical; Hi - Hopefully someone can give me some advice on a problem that I am having in the final stages ...

Thank Post

Connecting to WDS Server

Hi - Hopefully someone can give me some advice on a problem that I am having in the final stages of sending a Windows 7 image from a reference PC back to the WDS Server.

I am running a test environment with the followiing setup:

x1 2008 R2 Server - DC, DNS
    x1 2008 R2 Member Server - DHCP, WDS

I am trying to create an image from a W7 Pro reference PC. I have got through each stage of the process without any problems until I have got to the point where you are asked for "The New Image Location". I have selected to send the image to the WDS Server.

I have typed the WDS server name in and recieved the challenge for a username and password. I have typed the username in with the following format domainname\administrator and the password. This is default administrator account for the domain. I cannot authenticate with this account. Is there any other user account that I should be using for authentication?

Many thanks

Eddie

Thank Post
    I had that a while ago with an XP image i was trying to upload. it turned out that the drivers for the netweork card in your reference PC were not in the Boot.wim file used by the WDS. You need to inject the drivers into it.
    Thats what fixed it for me anyway.
    good luck.

Thank Post
    try pushing shift 10 (or is it ctrl f10) should bring up a dos box so you can check that its networked with ipconfig. If not all isnt lost just create the image on the lcoal pc and uplaod it. I found a pc that will network boot into mdt and wds to deploy images and network happily but wont network boot for capturing (sis900 if it helps)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the replies guys, I will give those two things a try.

Thank Post
    I tried injecting the drivers for the NIC card, but still the same problem I'm afraid.

When I type in the WDS server name and click connect it is resloving the server name, but I just cannot authenticate to it. There must be something missing in AD, but I cannot trace it. I will probably just try to save the image to another drive and copy it to the WDS server manually. It would be good to get to the bottom of the authentication issue though.

ed

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread