+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Media Player 11 prefs/splash on startup..how to avoid? in Technical; We're looking at MDT now (and thankyou all so much for the Deployment Fundamentals book recommendation) to deploy Vista/7 across ...
    Thank Post

Media Player 11 prefs/splash on startup..how to avoid?

We're looking at MDT now (and thankyou all so much for the Deployment Fundamentals book recommendation) to deploy Vista/7 across our site. Currently we use Zen.

In Zen, we used to copy the Administrator account over the top of default user to apply to all new users things like the reg/software settings etc. Now we know it's not recommended.

So I've used the CopyProfile option in the XML when deploying a test PC..it works quite well. HOWEVER, even if I run up WMP11 as Administrator and select all my prefs etc before I run the capture task, once it's redeployed with the admin profile copied etc by the task, all new users still get this preferences screen on initial start of WMP11.

How can I stop this, as our users are all "limited" users, and don't get the splash/options, instead just getting a "WMP can't start" error. If I log in as an admin, run it up and answer the prefs options, it becomes about a 40% success rate for the end user being able to run videos etc.

Is there anything to set in the image, any regmerge, or is it a GP thing? It's happening with our old Zen images now too...

Thank Post
    group policy
    computer configuration\admin templates\windows components\windows media player\ do not show first use dialog boxes=enabled

dont think its a setting that can be carried from user to user but this will kill it anyway

3. Thanks to sted from:

rh91uk (1st November 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread