I couldn't see a thread on this so thought I'd go for it
As of today System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3 is now available.
Configuration Manager 2007 R3 is here
Introducing SCCM 2007 R3
The second link above is well worth a look at as it runs through the new features and includes various screenshots.
We use SCCM R2 here - and I'm looking forward to delta updates and certainly curious about the power manage features given some recent conversation we've had at my school. I've downloaded R3 from the Microsoft Licensing website but need to check the licensing cost first. Waiting to hear back at the moment.
Last edited by Tricks; 15th October 2010 at 01:11 PM.
Just noticed this too, currently sat here with XMA engineers going through the installation of SCCM 2007 R2.
One more related link:
Nexus SC: The System Center Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs
* Download the evaluation here (live ~2PM PST, Oct 14, 2010)
* Guest Blog: Configuration Manager 2007 R3 - Power management mission and design philosophy - link
* Extending System Center with 1E - link
* Extending System Center with Verdiem - link
* Extending System Center with Adaptiva – link
* MVP Guest Blog: How to save money with ConfigMgr 2007 R3 and feel good about it - link
* Implementing Power Management with Configuration Manager 2007 R3 - link
* Configuration Manager 2007 R3: Power Management - Traditional Barriers to Power Management - link
* Configuration Manager 2007 R3: Power Management . What is it and why is it important? - link
* Power Management with Windows 7 – link
Anyone found any pricing? Our usual software supplier, that we got SCCM R2 from, doesn't offer R3 yet.
Last edited by Tricks; 18th October 2010 at 11:16 AM.
Have been running it for a few weeks. Worth it alone for the power management additions.
Downloading R3 now.. (only just got R2 working - lol)
Power Management is a nice add-on, looks like I'll be upgrading the newly upgraded SCCM installation already. The joys of Campus License
Configured the power management options in SCCM R3 but it doesn't seem to have been applied to any workstations yet!
Now need to figure out how to get SCCM to take over the OS Deployment from MDT!
Some sample pricing from Pugh.co.uk, available from 01/11/2010
Just need to find out the differences between these versions nowMS SCCM Server Standard 2007 R3 School SELECT licence @ £74.40
MS SCCM Server ML 2007 R3 - Enterprise School SELECT licence @ £55.20
MS SCCM Server ML 2007 R3 – Standard School SELECT licence @ £20
(ML = Management Licence)
Its a bit of a waiting game with the power managment reports.
Make sure it's enabled in the client agents (site settings -> client agents -> power management client agent)
Change the hardware inventory to a day (mine was at 7 days) to get some information collected - change back later if its reporting too much.
check the client agent version on your site reports (sms site - client information -> count sms client versions)
Most of mine have updated from 4.00.6487.200 (SP2 with R2) to 4.00.6487.2153 (SP2 with R3)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)