+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
O/S Deployment Thread, WDS unattend issue in Technical; Sorry, will explain why. What we've found with wds to make it most effective is to keep the image as ...

Thank Post
    Sorry, will explain why. What we've found with wds to make it most effective is to keep the image as machine agnostic as possible, so you can use that image on as many machines as possible to keep the maintenance of images down. We currently run with 1 image that covers over 700 machines and 1 extra image to cover one lab that needs some special addons.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud180 View Post
    ok will do. just testing the one you sent me now. Also i had to change th following, does it look ok? fflineImage cpi:source=wim://cpi-srv1/reminst/images/Windows7/install.wim" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" />
    That line is irrelevant, it's just used for when you are building the unattend file in windows AIK, it's the source of the image AIK gets the components from.

Thank Post
    Right i have got it to rename and join. works great thanks teejay. the only problem i got is i cannot log in with any accounts????

have placed a administrator reset in the imageunattend. but is saying the account is disabled. also cannot login with 'development\administrator' doesnt seem to take password??

any ideas. attached is my imageunattend ImageUnattend.zip

Thank Post
    Your script creates a local administrator password, but doesn't create or enable the local administrator account.
    Have you tried logging in with a domain account?
    Also, try pinging the machine, it may be that the network card drivers aren't installed for W7, but just for the Win PE phase.

Thank Post
    machine is built and logged on. was a driver issue thank teejay. Im on my way to work now. I have done a slmgr -ipk on the server. and then run the slmgr - ato... but it was with the server key. when i done it with a windows 7 on the 08R2 server is threw its dummy saying it wasnt genuine. is that the correct key to use? i have a W7 KMS key 08R2 kms key and office 2010 KMS key.

Also if the kms is working will i see the machine count increase as requests are sent?

Thank Post
    The server KMS key will activate Windows 7, or use one of Configuring KMS Clients
    For Office 2010 you have to download an upgrade to allow KMS services to handle 2010 office keys. I have no link to it if you haven't got it as it's on our MS Volume Licensing portal.

Thank Post
    cool well im in the middle of building machines. had a few driver issues. For some reason when i was installing machine yesterday while the unattend wasnt working it installed all drivers. now it doesnt! So ive added the drivers to the console.

I done it by adding them from a folder under 'Drivers then assigned them to a group. Is that correct? we shall see i guess. it seemed when i booted in safe mode i couldnt ping or ipconfig...

Also does anyone have a line i can place into the xml file to enable the local administrator account. assuming it is already present.

Thank you Teejay and everyone for your help! youve been great.

Thank Post
    Yes, that's the correct way to add drivers.
    Your best bet is to creat a new account and add it to the administrators group, in Windows AIK go to Windows Shell Setup, Local Accounts and you can add it through there to your unattend.
    Glad to help and that you've got it running.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12