+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, BSOD when deploying XP image to E6410 in Technical; My company started receiving the Latitude E6410's recently. Unfortunately we don't have RIS images for them and we're going through ...

Thank Post

BSOD when deploying XP image to E6410

My company started receiving the Latitude E6410's recently. Unfortunately we don't have RIS images for them and we're going through the process of adding drivers to our existing images. I've tried adding the drivers from Intel to our image repository but I get either the message that the network driver is not available or it goes past that screen and I get a BSOD at Starting Windows with the stop error 0x000000BB.
    Does anyone have any idea what drivers I should have in the repository or any other insight as to what may be causing this? Thank you.

Vien

Thank Post
    BSOD often relates to a hard drive driver. Is your base RIS image from another type of machine with a different kind of hd? i.e. IDE rather than SATA. Some new Dells have RAID enabled driver. Try going into the BIOS and changing the HDD type - that may help with your troubleshooting.
    Another thing I found was that some of our older Dells didn't like the new Intel mother board drivers.
    I would remove all the drivers and see how windows loads. If it doesn't, then you've got a HDD driver problem.
    Then start adding them one by one so you can which of the exisiting drivers is causing the problem.

Thank Post
    I'll give that a shot.

Currently our images span IDE to SATA, including SSD. It works fine for all of the D series as well as the E6400, E6500, etc. But I believe they're based on the Core 2 Duo chipset where the newer systems are the i series. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

The bios is currently set to ATA. I've tried the other options with the same results. I'll try removing all the drivers and start over. It's worth a shot and we can't afford to wait until we get the WDS server up and running.

Thanks for the advice.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread