+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Need fog help with multicast please :) in Technical; hi our fog server was working ok with everything including multicast. We had fog running on an old dc7800 usdt. ...
    Thank Post

Need fog help with multicast please :)

hi

our fog server was working ok with everything including multicast. We had fog running on an old dc7800 usdt. So i reloaded ubuntu onto server hardware and reinstalled fog 0.28. (using the same mysql database and image folder so as not to lose any settings) I then tested the download and uploading of images to ensure they worked and they did. (i did not test multicast at this time).

I then upgraded for to version 0.29 and tested download works and upload works but when multicasting we sit on the blue please wait screen.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    (Also, slightly off the multicast topic, since the upgrade when i deploy an image to a client the hostname changer and the domain join works but i get an annoying popup saying the clientis unable to register with the server. Does the client need upgrading for the new version and how do I do this please?)

thanks

nick

Thank Post
    The client was updated in 0.29, so that you no longer need NETDOM and the Windows XP Support Tools. This also means you can now rename and join Windows 7 machines using the client. I'm not sure how you would upgrade the client, but it does come as a MSI, so you could deploy it.

I can't help with the multicast issue, but I have seen this happen in the past with Fog on a 64 bit OS. Running it on a 32 bit Ubuntu made it work without a hitch.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just read and this may be caused by you needing to add a MySQL password to root (mysqladmin -u root -p'' password <a password> (BTW those are two quotation marks not a single speech mark )) and add this to two config files located:
    /opt/fog/service/etc/config.php and /var/www/fog/commons/config.php this should stop the please wait screen from hanging.

Wes

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyw View Post
    Just read and this may be caused by you needing to add a MySQL password to root (mysqladmin -u root -p'' password <a password> (BTW those are two quotation marks not a single speech mark )) and add this to two config files located:
    /opt/fog/service/etc/config.php and /var/www/fog/commons/config.php this should stop the please wait screen from hanging.

Wes
    Thank you so much for this! Totally did the trick and saves me a whole day of imaging. I didn't have DB info in '/opt/fog/service/etc/config.php'.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread