+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, After deployment installation in Technical; Please bare with me I'm a complete numpty when it comes to this. I've managed to get wds installed along ...

Thank Post

After deployment installation

Please bare with me I'm a complete numpty when it comes to this.

I've managed to get wds installed along with a customised .wim file with relevant applications. My unattend settings etc all work fine, I can push the image to a machine and it installs great.
    WDS creates a local admin account and joins the machine to the domain with a random name.

The problem, however, comes from the fact that I had to remove one piece of software from the image before capture. We use tortoisesvn and subversion at work and for some reason, the way they hook into the kernel doesn't play nicely with sysprep. As such, I need to find out a way to install this after the image has been deployed and at first logon.

Now, this software is stored on a network share which, obviously, only shows up when a domain user logs on. All I need is to install this last thing, and that's it, system is complete and ready for use, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out.

Everything I see seems to point me to MDT which, tbh, I really don't want to use, I have things more or less working as I want them.

Help!?!

Thank Post
    in theory you can do it with the sysprep file and the runonce section (definately in xp not so sure on vista/7) as ive used this to set up wireless from a network share before. Set it to autologin once and run a script from network share (you wil either have to create a local account that matches a network acount username/password or it may be possible to get it to autologin using a network account this of course assumes its a scriptable install. Alternatively if it is scriptable/msi able you could just use a gpo to deploy it

3. Thanks to sted from:

Vags (12th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm pushing windows 7. I can do it with a sysprep answer file fine. But the xml files that windows 7 uses confuse me when I go beyond the basic components. I'm surmising it's under firstlogin synchronouscommand but I really have no clue what I'm even supposed to put in there.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vags View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm pushing windows 7. I can do it with a sysprep answer file fine. But the xml files that windows 7 uses confuse me when I go beyond the basic components. I'm surmising it's under firstlogin synchronouscommand but I really have no clue what I'm even supposed to put in there.
    ditto all im doing with win7 sysprep is adding school name and telling it to leave drivers alone atm. I do intend to look into mdt2010 but need time and a decent test rig my spare pc is only a sempron

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread