+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, WIM XP SP3 Image Problems in Technical; Hey guys Ok for some reason our xp image (WIM) started to not work, every time we install it onto ...
    Thank Post

WIM XP SP3 Image Problems

Hey guys

Ok for some reason our xp image (WIM) started to not work, every time we install it onto a computer, it keeps looping. We have two images one for mutilcore and one for single core processor

Now when I have tried to make a new image it still does it

I have even just tried a install xp sp3 on a computer, not changing any settings or installing drivers, sysprep that and make wds make the image

After of course the problem happens when installing it again

I have installed it onto the same model of the computer too

I have tried making the image on a sata hard drive with the ide mode enabled, tried installing that onto the same computer and also a computer with an ide hard drive (Same model computer, expect different hard drive)

And same process above but made the image on a ide hard drive

I dont remember what computer I used to make this before, so that does not help, never had this problem before, also never made sysprep install any drivers.

We really need to reinstall 3 ict rooms, there a mess at the moment (Hopefully new computer soon, with windows 7) but there that bad they need reloading

They have very little space too, saw one today with like only 30mb space left, for some reason its only has 15gb partition while the hard drive is actually 80gb, any ideas with sysprep has done that?

Any ideas would be great

Thank Post
    Here is what I had to do to get WinXP to play nicely with WDS/SCCM. Quick checklist: make sure that you're using the proper HAL setup in your sysprep.ini file. If you're trying to dump a MP image onto a UP machine, it can cause problems. Also, make sure that you have the drivers loading in the right order. If it is a SATA drive, have the SATA drivers load last. If they are IDE, load the IDE last. I don't know why exactly, but this seems to make a difference. My blog entry might also help you with the sysprep/partition issue because I did happen to mention something about cleaning out partitions when it came time to install the OS.

Thank Post
    Nah given up on this, were going totally windows 7, no need for this any more

Thanks for trying to help through!

Well not totally just 32 set of old acers in a classroom, and a few old staff acer laptops otherthan that, all computers are compatible with windows 7 (When we get our new computers soon, hopefully next week)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread