+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, New Fog mashup idea in Technical; I've been running some ideas though my head on how we can make FOG more useful, and I thought about ...
    Thank Post

New Fog mashup idea

I've been running some ideas though my head on how we can make FOG more useful, and I thought about doing two projects for the community and wanted to get some feedback before I go much further.

1. Have a full writeup on how to use FOG to image and deploy Windows XP across multiple hardware platforms (hardware independent image) using Driverpacks.

2. Having a "default software load" option that does not rely on snapins (plural). This one may take a bit more explanation, but the "jist of it is this"

Setup and configure WPIW (windows post installation wizard) to auto script and deploy what you want to a base set of computers. This base system install can be pushed out as a single snapin using SFX Creator... I just haven't taken the time to test and document it far enough.

Anyone care to help me write up some documentation and perhaps get some cool new tools and guides out there to the public?

**edit**
    over 70 views and no bites? =(
    Last edited by ssx4life; 6th February 2010 at 06:34 PM.

Thank Post

Those sound great

Hey man

Those ideas sound awesome but I don't know how I can help write them - I'll cast an eye over the deployment one for some basic checks but don't know how to do any of what you've written about apart from deploy simple images to one hardware platform at a time

Thank Post
    Sounds like a great idea!!

Thank Post
    I'm a fog user and have played with snapin creation and deployment so I don't know if I could help in any way?

Thanks

Thank Post
    I haven't had much time to work on this due to work and school deadlines, but I'll try and have some updates on it shortly.

Thank Post
    School just got out for me, so I finally have some more free time on my hands (at least for a bit).

I'll try to start working on this soon.

Thank Post
    I'd like to help with this, i'm running it on Xenserver (Debian Lenny) and i've yet to see any documentation from anyone running it in that environment or installing from scratch.
    I'm making a brand new domain at the moment for September and using FOG for the imaging, I would like to use the snap-in funcationailty but I couldn't find a way to enforce the timing of the intallations so at the moment I'm aiming for syspreped images, then a runonce AutoIT script that does extra installs / configuration (while blocking keyboard / mouse input), then installs the FOG service, then reboots, then the bulk of the software would be installed by group policy objects.
    Would be very interested in helping and learning more.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread