+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
O/S Deployment Thread, NetInstall & NetRestore in Technical; Across subnets? They are on the same subnet!!! :S...

Thank Post

Re: NetInstall & NetRestore

Across subnets? They are on the same subnet!!! :S

Thank Post

OK... by the power of my extreme intellect ( ) I thought that these messages about corrupt images may be due to some kind of corruption wen copying the images to my server.

I have just used NetRestore Helper to create the image (again!) only this time straight to an AFP share on the server.

I have just commenced the restore on two iMacs and things appear to be working (touch wood!) so I will keep you updated.

Just the AD authentication and OD lockdown to look forward to now... then all the hassle of moving music suites around!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by kingswood
    http://forums.bombich.com/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=e88a384a4ee27eebff7527a8959 cc693

Forums are pretty good there- but there should be no problem restoring across subnets I don't think.

Take a look.
    looking on at the rest of the thread I don't think this is a real issue but for the record, to run netboot over a subnetted network, the simplest way to do it is to configure the router(s) to include the list of netboot server IP addresses in the list of DHCP servers, and I believe also to allow multicast traffic through. That's all you need to do, and is by far the easiest and most robust method of doing things if you have access to the router config.

The hints on Mike's site are really only a fallback position if you cannot modify the router config, I think he mentions that himself. Best Mac Admin Site Ever I have to say!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12