+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Powershell command for MDT to compare serials in Technical; I'm looking to install printers through MDT 2013. We're switching from Novell Netware (gasp) to Windows Server 2012 R2. For ...
    Thank Post

Powershell command for MDT to compare serials

I'm looking to install printers through MDT 2013. We're switching from Novell Netware (gasp) to Windows Server 2012 R2. For our first couple schools before we assign printers through GPO's we are just going to create applications for each printer install. I have a list of serial numbers of each computer and what printers it needs. What I thought about doing was having a spreadsheet for each printer containing the serial numbers of each machine that needs to print to it. Then making an application for each printer. What I was then thinking to assign the printers to machines was to have a powershell script check the machine's serial number when it's being imaged and then look into the printers csv file to see if the serial number is in there. If it is then it would install that printer application and if not it would just move on. I'm new at powershell though and wonder if there is a script out there that would do what I'm talking about. I'm also open to better ways of doing this if they are out there. Thanks.

Thank Post
    be easier to assign computers to a gpo and use that to apply printers once they are domain joined

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread