+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
O/S Deployment Thread, Sccm 2012 R2 - Deployment issues with Windows 7 X64 in Technical; Thanks all for the help ! , much apreciated . Also thansk for the screens Heres the error from setupact.log ...

Thank Post
    Thanks all for the help ! , much apreciated .

Also thansk for the screens

Heres the error from setupact.log

Unattended Join: DsGetDcName failed: 0x54b, last error is 0x0, will retry in 5 seconds

Should i be assigning a windows 8 Driver to the Boot image and a Win7 driver as a package to the task sequence ?

Thank Post
    When you import the drivers to SCCM (by right-clicking on drivers and selecting import drivers) you can add them to a driver package in the wizard. There is already a task sequence step that checks all the packages for compatible drivers - Apply Device Drivers. I add all the drivers for each model of computer I have with that. Usually one model at a time so they each get a separate package but I've never specified a specific package in the task sequence.
    I haven't ever needed to add network drivers to the boot images in 2012r2 as the default ones seem to work with everything I have but that is done in the driver import wizard as well if you want to. I would only add network or sata drivers to the boot image.
    Never convinced that the distribute content in the driver wizard works flawlessly so I tend to ignore it and just do it manually when I'm done

Windows 8/8.1 drivers for the boot image in 2012r2

Thank Post
    @2097
    Just make sure the the domain join account has a fqdn. See Windows 7 – Sysprep Fails to Join Domain, error: 0x52e

Thank Post
    you know what i am an idiot ! every time i read that i assumed they meant when joining the domain make sure you use the Fully qualified domain name . I had no idea the user account also needed it ! i have been using DOMAIN\username so i should be using domain.org.uk\username .

Im going to give that a go tomorrow and see what happens !

Thank Post
    I use the short form for domain joining without problems

Thank Post
    I think this has now fixed the problem . Just retesting on the correct system .. But fingers crossed ! seems good

Thank you every one for the help !

Thank Post
    Ok looks like it hasnt solved the problem .. But ! i might have got some where ...

Basically i made a image ( using the windows CD ) for our new Fujitsu Q520's ( latest haswell processors etc ) . I acronis'd the image onto a Fujitsu Q510 ( 1Gen older ) . I then captured the image from the Q510 back to SCCM 2012 using the capture CD .

I then deployed it back to the Q510 with the task sequence , and it worked fine.. Set the admin account up and joined to domain etc .

What i did notice is after i captured the Computer to SCCM 2012 , the machine then automatically went back to windows setup where you could set PC name etc ( which i assume its meant to after capturing ) . On the Q520 it does not do this .

So my question to note is ...

The capture CD , as this uses the bootimage from SCCM 2012 . Should it have all the necessary drivers preloaded onto it ? ( as im not using a task sequence to capture ). Maybe as these Q520's are really new ..

Thank Post
    It will only have the drivers that are listed in the boot image properties when you made the disk, it will also include any that are built into winpe

Thank Post
    indeed , i think i made it quite early on .. So was maybe missing some ..

Do i just require Nic drivers in the capture ? or do you think i should add chipset/sata drivers etc as well

Thank Post
    Well you should use hyper v or VMware for the capture. Both of which should have their nic driver in the winpe image by default

Thank Post
    I wanna thank every one for there help with this .

The problem was .... Drum roll ...... I was applying updates for windows before the capture . Theres obviously a update causing issues as it would allow me to capture just wouldnt apply pc name etc , or join domain .

All my images are now done for my machines , im just sorting our scripting and sccm packages !

Thanks people for taking the time to solve this .

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12