+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, SCCM Client issues in Technical; I am having some issues with some clients trying to deploy software. If I run a report on a collection ...

Thank Post

SCCM Client issues

I am having some issues with some clients trying to deploy software. If I run a report on a collection it shows "no messages have been received" under the Last Acceptance Message name. If I look at the details under the username it is also showing an old username and not the currently logged on user - in fact the details here don't seem to change at all. I am also having some issues with other computers which show up in SCCM as N/A under Approved and No under the Client tab. Some computers are able to pick up software adverts but there seems to be an issue with a couple of machines I've re-imaged recently. The image used hasn't changed but something must have as this problem isn't affecting all computers. I think the advert has been created correctly as some computers in the same collection will get the software and some won't.

Got to be honest I'm not sure where to start. I've looked at some of the logs and it doesn't mean that much, but I'm not sure if I should be looking at the server or client to troubleshoot.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,750 Times in 1,509 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have a look at your client polices. Have a check on the client policy refresh settings. Also make sure the policy is deployed correctly.

Thank Post
    OK, I've been able to get an older machine (which I believe was previously working) and when I advertise some software to it I can get some feedback from a report. It shows that the package has not been acquired. Content must be downloaded into the computers cache... It goes on to say that this can be normal if the package is being downloaded but it seems to be stuck at that point.

Thank Post
    I'm also not sure that the server is working the way it should be as if I do a search for a machine under the all systems location it doesn't always find it. However if I look in a specific collection I can see that it is there. Is this something to do with the way the machines are being added? The machines that are having issues are ones that have been added via Import computer configuration> Import single computer. The name and MAC has then been added but it doesn't always show in All systems.

Thank Post
    OK, this looks like a client config issue. If I go to the configuration Manager Properties and try and run A Policy cycle I get an error the actin could not be initiated. presumably this means the client has somehow become corrupt. Looking at the logs it looks like it is in a cycle to run a repair but keeps failing.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What version of SCCM are you on? If its 2012 with not SP you will have an issue with WMI that does similar.

7. Thanks to FN-GM from:

penfold (8th July 2014)

Thank Post
    2007. I have manually removed the client rather than let it try a repair so I am just waiting to see what happens when it tries a fresh install. We were hoping to move to 2012 this summer but due to work load issues it has been pushed back.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    What version of SCCM are you on? If its 2012 with not SP you will have an issue with WMI that does similar.
    Useful to know for when we upgrade.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Looks like removing the client and then a fresh install works.....wish I'd have done that in the first instance. Problem is now I think I've re-imaged quite a few machines which seem to have the problem so I'm guessing it is an issue with the existing task sequence we've used. How easy is it to remotely remove the client and then push it out again?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Useful to know for when we upgrade.

Cheers
    I would update to 2012 R2 and skip 2012.

Thank Post
    I think that is the idea.

I now have a strange issue that it seems some of the clients are stuck on Waiting state when trying to download the content of a package. The package works with some clients but not others. The message indicates that if the content is being downloaded then I don't need to do anything, but it has been far too long now. The client on one of these looks ok but it seems to get stuck on the content could not be located. Am I doing something basic wrong here?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    I think that is the idea.

I now have a strange issue that it seems some of the clients are stuck on Waiting state when trying to download the content of a package. The package works with some clients but not others. The message indicates that if the content is being downloaded then I don't need to do anything, but it has been far too long now. The client on one of these looks ok but it seems to get stuck on the content could not be located. Am I doing something basic wrong here?
    What version are you on now?

Thank Post
    SCCM 2007 R2

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread