+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Error Applying Image in Technical; I recently built a new Windows 7 image for our workstations. I am re-using the SCCM task sequence (TS) I ...

Thank Post

Error Applying Image

I recently built a new Windows 7 image for our workstations. I am re-using the SCCM task sequence (TS) I used in past years, which has always worked with minimal issues. For some reason, when I change the TS to use the latest image, it fails at the "Apply Operating System Image" step with an error code of 8022000B (this error code does not come up in any Google searches). Looking at the logs (relevant section copied below) it seems like it might be an issue with the unattend.xml file. Strangely, if I change the TS to use the old image, this error does not occur.

The only differences in the new image are the latest Windows updates were applied, larger disk space consumption (due to addition of AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor) and that the base WIM went from 2 partitions (Sys Reserved + OS) to 3 (Sys Reserved + OS + Temporary Storage from captured system). I am only deploying the single OS partition through my TS (like previously) and looking at the PC after the error occurs, the files from the OS image seem to be present on the disk properly.

Any ideas?

smsts-part2.txt

Thank Post
    can you show us your unattend xml?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Does it have a newer version of IE thanks to updates, I know that cooked one of my automated deployments as the settings keys don't stay the same between versions.

Also, did you capture it manually with imagex or dsim and did you use the /flags ENTERPRISE switch on the end of the capture?
    Last edited by SYNACK; 19th June 2014 at 01:21 PM.

Thank Post
    I've copied my unattend.xml below.

As for IE, the old image did run IE9 and I upgraded it to IE11 for the new image. I captured the image using the capture media wizard from SCCM like I have in the past. I do not run the capture media wizard with any special options or perform any other modifications to the captured wim using imagex/dism.

This is a 64 bit Windows 7 Enterprise image, if that makes a difference as well.

Unattend.xml
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">
    <settings pass="specialize">
    <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile>
    </component>
    </settings>

</unattend>
    Last edited by netadmin; 19th June 2014 at 03:15 PM.

Thank Post
    changing IE to version 10 from 9 cooked my image of win7 tho it was able to apply the image but failed when appling the unattend, ended up adding it using DISM. Further looking it was a setting in the unattended that causes it to break (Specilize Pass IEWelcomeMSG needing to be set to revert change).

Thank Post
    I always create a new Task Sequence and unattend file when updating images, far less hassle for me that way (Although, I don't have any changes made to the unattend file either)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread