+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, MDT 2013 and the great default admin password shenanigan in Technical; This is 50% cry for help and 50% venting... I have an 8.1 build which is a thing of total ...
    Thank Post

MDT 2013 and the great default admin password shenanigan

This is 50% cry for help and 50% venting...

I have an 8.1 build which is a thing of total beauty. Builds perfectly on my VMWare workstation however the twist in the tale is when I install it on a physical machine, I hit an issue where it claims it does not know what the default administrator password is even though it is set correctly when I make the task sequence and have also amended in the unattended.xml .
    As I say, Virtual machine deploys like it was made by the heavens but physical just fails at this point. (seems to be before the domain recovery).

Any suggestions at all? I seem to remember my last tech having the same issue last year and think he filled the TS with restarts to cure it.

Thanks all

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,271 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Does it auto join the domain, install gpo software then fail. Worldwide telescope's MSI hoses our 8.11 image if left in.

Thank Post
    It does not join the domain. It completes the imaging, does it's getting ready thing but upon the first login on a physical machine it claims wont log in and the problem seems to be it has not changed the default admin account to my customised one although on a VM it works perfectly. At this rate I may just keep "Administrator" as the default name but its admitting defeat which I don't want to do (not admitting defeat is about 25% the reason I am deploying 8.1 to begin with tbh).

Thank Post
    what privilages does your domain join account have? it may be that the vm works because it recognises it as the same pc but new ones dont because iirc users can only add 5 pcs to the domain unless you delegate the domain join permission to them i believe

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread