O/S Deployment Thread, Imaging by mac address in Technical; Couple questions...
I have a rules file that I load into the properties of my MDT sequence when we image ...
8th May 2014, 04:59 AM #1
- Rep Power
Imaging by mac address
I have a rules file that I load into the properties of my MDT sequence when we image our labs.
This still involves some basic touching of the computers. Mainly:
1) Setting up the physical machine
2) Booting off the LAN pxe into MDT
3) Adding a computer name (we organize our labs by roomname_number)
4) Adding it the Schoolname.edu domain, and the proper OU
5) Clicking begin
Once they are reimaged I can take full control of the machines via DeepFreeze, and soon SCCM.
So here are my questions:
1) Is there a way to add the Computer name field into the Properties / Rules tab in MDT so that it does LABNAME_"next number" so for example machine 1 will be CSS_01, while machine 2 will be CSS_02... etc....
2) Is there a way to add the domain and OU to the rules tab?
3) Am im still doing too much manual work in the sense of imaging these labs?
8th May 2014, 06:42 AM #2
If you have SCCM you can setup zerotouch where you get the manufacturer to send you a list of MAC addresses and set the BIOS/EFI to PXE boot then just add them into SCCM and have the image applied when they first boot on your network. At that point it is just a case of plugging them in and powering them on, SCCM should be able to handle the rest.
8th May 2014, 06:57 AM #3
In mdt I'm not sure about the sequential numbering. Though you can have a db which has the mac addresses and guids so you can allocate computer names. You can easily add the join domain and ou to customsettings.ini .
8th May 2014, 01:59 PM #4
- Rep Power
We have yet to combine SCCM and our MDT / WDS deployments. How hard is that to do?
We have SCCM running on a VM, and it is avle to push clients out and im able to use to software center to distribute apps to machines with it. But what about the imaging side? Is there a guide on bringing them togther?
By kennysarmy in forum Netbooks, PDA and Phones
Last Post: 21st September 2012, 12:37 PM
By Kained in forum How do you do....it?
Last Post: 27th March 2007, 03:25 PM
By mattpant in forum Wireless Networks
Last Post: 29th October 2005, 04:58 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)