+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, How to deploy captured Win 7 image to a group of 30 PCs using WDS-MDT server in Technical; Hi This is the first time I have installed WDS and MDT 2013 on a windows 2012 server .I have ...

Thank Post

How to deploy captured Win 7 image to a group of 30 PCs using WDS-MDT server

Hi

This is the first time I have installed WDS and MDT 2013 on a windows 2012 server .I have built a windows 7 image customised with all application and have captured the image to this new deployment server successfully.

Now as I completed capturing the image. I am not sure as how to deploy this image back to a group of 35 computers over the network. I don't have any experience with WDS -MDT server.
    All the PC have PXE enabled.

Please if some one could post me tutorials step by step as how to deploy the captured images to a batch of 35 computers , that will be really helpful for my XP to Windows 7 migration. I have to achieve this by end of next week reimagining 250 PCs

Any help will be really greatfull.
    Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    Int he MDT Console right click on Operating System on the left pane. Click Add new Operating System. Find your wim file and click the box which moves the image rather than copy. Give the image sensible name. The on the left pane right click task sequences then add new task sequence. Choose Standard Client Task sequence. Give it a unique number/code and name. Select your image you added earlier. Set your local admin password. Then right click on the deployment share on the left pane and click update deployment share.

This does not include adding the pc to the domain. Any applications you want to install upon deployment E.G virus checkers. You may also need multicast enabled for 250 PCs. Your switches need to be configured correctly.

You also need to add the LiteTouchPE_x86.wim or LiteTouchPE_x64.wim. As a boot image to WDS.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread