+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Deploy 32bit Image in Technical; Has anyone got any pointers or instructions on how to go about creating a task sequence, boot image etc for ...

Thank Post

Deploy 32bit Image

Has anyone got any pointers or instructions on how to go about creating a task sequence, boot image etc for deploying Windows 7 32 bit?
    I have MDT/WDS running for 64bit and it works fine.
    I tried adding 32bit but ended up breaking my MDT install (detailed in another thread)

Think I have it partially working again but need some instructions on how to add in the 32bit image and deploy it.

Thank Post
    you can only do certain things on mdt with 32 bit images on a 32 bit pc (same goes for 64) way i got round it was to install mdt on a 32bit pc and link it to the same deployment share and edit 32 bit stuff on the 32 bit pc

3. Thanks to sted from:

fiza (26th March 2014)

Thank Post
    So how does that work? Do you create the task sequence on the 32 bit machine? Do you have any documentation on the process you followed?

My MDT is currently on a VM 2012 server. Would I have to dedicate a 32bit machine to this or is it possible to create a 32bit VM on my hyper v server and use that?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    So how does that work? Do you create the task sequence on the 32 bit machine? Do you have any documentation on the process you followed?

My MDT is currently on a VM 2012 server. Would I have to dedicate a 32bit machine to this or is it possible to create a 32bit VM on my hyper v server and use that?
    i only did it once i generally dont touch 32 bit pcs anymore. In that case i just installed mdt on a suite pc (but a 32 bit win7/8/8.1 vm would do just as well infact probably better) and instead of creating a new deploymentshare i just connected to the existing one. You can use your current x64 mdt for everything BUT playing round with x86 images all the files are still on that box you are basically just running the mmc consoles on another pc same as you would to remote admin a core server

6. Thanks to sted from:

fiza (26th March 2014)

Thank Post
    This is for the music Dept. Some of the keyboards work with win7 32bit but not 64bit according to the interweb.
    Normally I wouldn't be bothering with 32bit.

Thank Post
    This is for the music Dept. Some of the keyboards work with win7 32bit but not 64bit according to the interweb.
    Normally I wouldn't be bothering with 32bit.
    fair enough ive got it here where a suite of identical looking pos pcs about half are x64 capable the others arnt grrrr but i dont recall it causing issues its only a few specific things you cant do ot the wrong architecture

Thank Post
    Has anyone got any pointers or instructions on how to go about creating a task sequence, boot image etc for deploying Windows 7 32 bit?
    I have MDT/WDS running for 64bit and it works fine.
    I tried adding 32bit but ended up breaking my MDT install (detailed in another thread)

Think I have it partially working again but need some instructions on how to add in the 32bit image and deploy it.
    You got a 32 bit image and you want to deploy image in the 64bit system, am I right? If I understand the question, I think you may take a look at this post.

I want to summerize the information, but you know it is too long. So I just copy the shortest one, and you can view more by visiting the original post.

"Ran this and added the 32bit image to SCCM"

Trying to create x86 MDT Boot image for Windows 7 32bit deployment - error

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread