O/S Deployment Thread, Installing Clients on Servers - Shows in SCCM Console but won't deploy SCEP in Technical; Using SCCM 2012 (SP1) on our network and had no major issues for the last 9 months.
Noticed a few ...
26th February 2014, 03:26 PM #1
Installing Clients on Servers - Shows in SCCM Console but won't deploy SCEP
Using SCCM 2012 (SP1) on our network and had no major issues for the last 9 months.
Noticed a few of our servers didn't have SCEP installed and after investigating appears while the client has been installed it's not working as it should. On the problematic servers it's only showing 6 tabs instead of the usual 7 and is missing most of the actions. The only ones available being "Machine Policy Retrieval" and "User Policy Retrieval". Clients are showing in SCCM Console and as "Active".
Servers are in the same boundaries as the servers that do work and logs don't appear to show anything wrong with the set up.
Any ideas or tips for trouble shooting this?
26th February 2014, 03:44 PM #2
I've had this and found its due to a corrupt WMI repository
Try repairing the client (or at worse remove and re-install completely)
I mainly had it via OSD with Office 2010 being deployed as part of it - as soon as I removed it from the task sequence my clients were all fine
26th February 2014, 03:45 PM #3
Sorry meant to say you will need to repair the WMI repository first!
26th February 2014, 03:59 PM #4
After running winmgmt /salvagerepository it says the WMI Database is not corrupted and is consistent.
Seems to be on all of the servers I've recently added the client to and not just one or two.
26th February 2014, 04:50 PM #5
In the PolicyAgent.log I'm getting the following entry when it tries to download the policy:
Skipping request for user policy assignments due to agent configuration for authority 'SMSUS'. PolicyAgent_RequestAssignments 26/02/2014 15:42:39 2420 (0x0974)
27th February 2014, 08:44 PM #6
I'm wondering if it's related to another serious issue where we're currently unable to build any new machines.
Keep on getting a No Task Sequences exist for this computer and then it bombs out of Windows PE. Not changed anything with SCCM recently and all of a sudden we can't build computers! Boundaries and Collections are all fine.
27th February 2014, 08:52 PM #7
have you enabled F8 on the Boot Image - sounds like a driver issue (usually Network driver or Mass Storage)
if you use F8 and then run cmtrace.exe and load the SMSTS.log (post it if you can )
27th February 2014, 08:53 PM #8
Also, check that the TS's have been deployed so that they can be seen by PXE clients
28th February 2014, 09:12 AM #9
Thanks for the early morning reply! TS's have all been deployed and all content has been distributed to the DPs.
I do have F8 enabled with CMTRACE. Here is a copy of the log file although I can't see anything out of the ordinary. This issue seems to be affecting everything now, including machines we've managed to build in the past with no issues.
EDIT: EDUGEEK doesn't seem to want me to upload log files so here's a link to a private pastebin with the contents in.
<![LOG[LOGGING: Finalize process ID set to 788]LOG]!><time="12:44:50.371+480" da - Pastebin.com
Last edited by Sam_Brown; 28th February 2014 at 09:19 AM.
28th February 2014, 09:16 AM #10
Psst.. Think you forgot the log file ;-)
edit: wjhy does the "wink" smiley look the same as the "Big Grin" one? :|
3rd March 2014, 01:24 PM #11
Ok removed all references to a test computer in SCCM and added the record manually with MAC Address and still having the same issue...
I've completely removed WDS and PXE and reinstalled as suggested on another forum and no luck with that either.
3rd March 2014, 08:52 PM #12
Ok all sorted finally. I'll put the answer purely because I hate googling issues the people fixing them and never posting how they did it!!!
I tried a variety of different things but appears there were a few corrupt records in the SCCM database. I came across a post somewhere else and ran the following SQL Statements on my SCCM SQL SERVER...
SELECT * FROM ResPolicyMap WHERE machineid = 0 and PADBID IN (SELECT PADBID FROM PolicyAssignment WHERE BodyHash IS NULL)
The above will show up any corrupt policies in SCCM and the following will remove the corrupt policies...
Delete FROM ResPolicyMap WHERE machineid = 0 and PADBID IN (SELECT PADBID FROM PolicyAssignment WHERE BodyHash IS NULL)
This seems to have fixed both the not being able to image issue and the sporadic issues with clients not talking to SCCM correctly.
Thanks to Sam_Brown from:
jeichinger (15th September 2014)
15th September 2014, 09:47 PM #13
- Rep Power
This just saved my ass! Thanks so much for posting your resolution. It was exactly what I needed.
By kennysarmy in forum Windows 7
Last Post: 26th January 2011, 12:46 PM
By Earthling in forum Windows 7
Last Post: 9th September 2010, 02:00 AM
By Avalon in forum MIS Systems
Last Post: 17th October 2009, 10:15 PM
Last Post: 29th September 2009, 02:44 PM
By meastaugh1 in forum EduGeek Shutdownertron
Last Post: 7th September 2009, 02:22 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)