+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Samsung S5 laptop has image too network but the school has no MS agereement in Technical; The primary school I work for has just ordered some very nice Samsung series 5 ultrabooks with Windows 8 pro ...

Thank Post

Samsung S5 laptop has image too network but the school has no MS agereement

The primary school I work for has just ordered some very nice Samsung series 5 ultrabooks with Windows 8 pro pre installed. The school does not have any Microsoft software agreements so does not normally image and deploy OS's.

I have just taken one of the new laptops and updated to Windows 8.1 and installed all the curriculum software. The laptop comes with a utility to export (copy) both the factory reset image plus any images taken by the user and save them either to an external drive or to a network location.

I have 2 questions.

1. If I do not export (copy) the factory reset image and at a later date the hdd dies can I use the factory reset image from one of the other Samsung series 5's the school have purchased.

2. Can I export the image from the one I have updated and added all the software too and deploy to the other laptops the school have purchased. Is this legal. What about SIDS etc.

NB. Someone posted a similar question on another forum and the the response was this was fine as they all come with an OEM 'Master' licence (not the one printed on the laptop) and are all cloned before leaving the factory anyway.

Also, I am not able to find any MS licence key on the bottom of the laptop's or in / on the box they came in.

Thank Post
    Cant answer your questions but there is no key as Win 8 + keys are stored in the BIOS.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread