+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Deploying Symantec Endpoint Protection through MDT - Error in Technical; I've been installing all of my applications through the Task Sequence to create my reference image. However, when I finally ...

Thank Post

Deploying Symantec Endpoint Protection through MDT - Error

I've been installing all of my applications through the Task Sequence to create my reference image. However, when I finally got around to getting SEP on there, I'm now getting an error message. Also, when I look at the SEP tray icon, I see an error message regarding the blocking of an autorun.inf file. What's the deal here? Is there a way around this? I've tried searching but so far I've come up empty.. Where are the logs? I'll try to pull some to provide more info.

Thank Post
    The autorun.inf file might be blocked by the Symantec Manager Console. You'll need to log in as admin. Go to Policies --> Application and Device Control --> Application and Device Control policy. Here, go to Application Control and untick the box where it states Block access to Autorun.inf. You might have a custom policy pre-12.x so you'll need to comb through that to unblock it. Anything after version 12.x has this policy incorporated.

Thank Post
    Thanks Chuckster, I'll look at this today. Though, if this is happening during my initial reference image build, how can I just prevent that altogether during the install?

Thank Post
    Once you've disabled the option you'll be able to install any software that wants to launch the Autorun.inf file. As a personal reference, I wouldn't install SEP in my image build, especially if it can be deployed as an MSI using GPO.

Thank Post
    Oh trust me I'd love to keep this out of my image but because we were acquired by a much larger entity, we don't have control of the GPO and they're either too lazy or can't be bothered with having it roll out that way. It's a royal pain in the ass to have to bake this into the image. I may just try to get it installed, but disabled at first.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can you not show them the benefit. For e.g I have moved the default computer container to an ou which has software such as SEP and it works beautifully

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread