+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, WDS in Technical; Hello. I read a post about adding a line in the customsettings.ini to point to my WSUS server so that ...

Thank Post

WDS

Hello. I read a post about adding a line in the customsettings.ini to point to my WSUS server so that if any windows updates were needed in an image the process could be done during the deployment phase. I added this line and tested. It seemed to work for three updates. Once the pc restarted though, it still needed several more updates. Can someone explain this process and if it really works and if the customsettings.ini needs to be configured to point to WSUS following each restart ?

Cheers and much thanks!

Thank Post
    It probably only does one pass of updates ie it does the updates until it needs a restart but then it finishes, if you use MDT it can handle multiple checks for updates etc.

Thank Post
    I found in mdt 2010 the windows update script struggled with updating the windows update agent. I added cmd /c wualt /detectnow as a command line and a reboot. Then the win update script.

Thank Post
    What OS are you deploying? I have had issues with Vista acting exactly as you say but no issues with Win 7 (enterprise or Pro). Win 7, actually reboots itself in the Windows update pass (Be that from your WSUS server or from MS) then carries on with another pass.

In Vista we had a tierd effort. I created a new WIM with just OS+Office+Updates, captured it then used that as base image. I then added multiple passes of Windows updates through my Task sequence (Just before i rebooted for certain apps) this covered us. I have got round this now as I have migrated them to WIN7, so removed all the passes.

BTW, you are using cscript.exe "%scriptroot%\ztiwindowsupdate.wsf" in your TS?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread