+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
O/S Deployment Thread, Injecting Drivers in MDT in Technical; Originally Posted by warren17c good work! what i also do is, change the Install drivers task. I change it to ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by warren17c View Post
    good work!

what i also do is, change the Install drivers task. I change it to Install Drivers - %cleanmake% - %cleanmodel%

then during the Task sequence, you get to see that it is picking the right drivers (peace of mind when you dony believe that it can be this simple!)
    Which one is the install drivers task? Is it the Inject Drivers? And where do you change it to Install Drivers - %cleanmake% - %cleanmodel%

sounds like a great idea.

Thank Post
    good work!

what i also do is, change the Install drivers task. I change it to Install Drivers - %cleanmake% - %cleanmodel%

then during the Task sequence, you get to see that it is picking the right drivers (peace of mind when you dony believe that it can be this simple!)
    Worked it out now - brilliant.

Thank Post
    Hello all.

Wondering if you could help. I am implementing CleanMakeandModel as per the advice on post #7 on [and I cant seem to get it to work, can you advise?

So in my task sequence I have a step called 'CUSTOM MAKE AND MODEL", it is a 'Run Command Line' step and the properties are set to "cscript.exe "%SCRIPTROOT%\CustomMakeandModel.wsf", which runs in my TS just fine.
    Immediately after this step I have a set called 'SET DRIVER PATH', it is a 'Set Task Sequence Variable' step and the properties are set to:
    Task Sequence Variable: DriverGroup001
    Value: Windows 7 x64\%CleanModel%

In my CUSTOMSETTINGS.INI I have set the following: Properties=CleanMake,CleanModel

My "Inject Drivers" step is set to "Nothing" as per the advice here

And finally my Out-of-Box Drivers folder is organised as such:

>Windows 7 x64
    >>TOSHIBA NB200
    >>ESPRIMO P
    >>HP Pro 3300 Series MT

>Windows 7 x86
    >>TOSHIBA NB200
    >>ESPRIMO P

I have no need for %CleanMake% so have simply ommited it, yet every device I deployed today failed to install any drivers??

Can you suggest anything?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonniehack View Post
    Hello all.

Wondering if you could help. I am implementing CleanMakeandModel as per the advice on post #7 on [and I cant seem to get it to work, can you advise?

So in my task sequence I have a step called 'CUSTOM MAKE AND MODEL", it is a 'Run Command Line' step and the properties are set to "cscript.exe "%SCRIPTROOT%\CustomMakeandModel.wsf", which runs in my TS just fine.
    Immediately after this step I have a set called 'SET DRIVER PATH', it is a 'Set Task Sequence Variable' step and the properties are set to:
    Task Sequence Variable: DriverGroup001
    Value: Windows 7 x64\%CleanModel%

In my CUSTOMSETTINGS.INI I have set the following: Properties=CleanMake,CleanModel

My "Inject Drivers" step is set to "Nothing" as per the advice here

And finally my Out-of-Box Drivers folder is organised as such:

>Windows 7 x64
    >>TOSHIBA NB200
    >>ESPRIMO P
    >>HP Pro 3300 Series MT

>Windows 7 x86
    >>TOSHIBA NB200
    >>ESPRIMO P

I have no need for %CleanMake% so have simply ommited it, yet every device I deployed today failed to install any drivers??

Can you suggest anything?
    The make and model WMI queries will return the manufacturer and model respectively.

Download MDT – Using WMI with Invalid Characters | RS Applications and check the results of the WMI parts.

Basically if you were to only use cleanmodel your folders would have to look like this:

>Windows 7 x64
    >>NB200
    >>P
    >>Pro 3300 Series MT

>Windows 7 x86
    >>NB200
    >>P

(assuming the model numbers are as above)

To get it the way you want, you could try changing the drivergroup001 variable to

Windows 7 x86\%cleanmake% %cleanmodel% (note the space in the middle)

Not tried it though

If you are confused you can try this:

Browse to C:\Windows\Temp\DeploymentLogs\ on a imaged station and find BDD.log. Open and search for Drivergroup001, you can then see what it was set to during the last install and work out what path was being used.

Hope that helps

Thank Post
    Thanks.

I used the Tool to obtain the models which were right and case sensitive as they were displayed on my post. Hence my confusion.

I will look into your suggestions and retest this weekend, thanks!
    Last edited by jonniehack; 2nd August 2013 at 08:57 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonniehack View Post
    Thanks.

I used the Tool to obtain the models which were right and case sensitive as they were displayed on my post. Hence my confusion.

I will look into your suggestions and retest this weekend, thanks!
    Personally, I would go with either Just Model's under your Win7 folders (windows 7 x86\%cleanmodel%) or have both cleanmake and clean model (windows 7 x86\%cleanmake%\%Cleanmodel%)

I would also eliminate the spaces, Just so that the full path has nothing to complain about, not sure if it will need quotes round the string because of them or not, or if it even accepts it with the quotes. let us know how it goes.

Thank Post
    Personally, I would go with either Just Model's under your Win7 folders (windows 7 x86\%cleanmodel%) or have both cleanmake and clean model (windows 7 x86\%cleanmake%\%Cleanmodel%)

I would also eliminate the spaces, Just so that the full path has nothing to complain about, not sure if it will need quotes round the string because of them or not, or if it even accepts it with the quotes. let us know how it goes.
    Yeah I would agree with the above, not sure how using the spaces would work, it might do though so don't give up just yet!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12