+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Imaging from a RAID to Non Raid possibilty? in Technical; Morning All, I have a Dell Dimension 9200 which has the RAID card enabled when boots up shows two identical ...

Thank Post

Imaging from a RAID to Non Raid possibilty?

Morning All,

I have a Dell Dimension 9200 which has the RAID card enabled when boots up shows two identical drives as (non raid drives), the first drive contains the OS and apps where the second drive contains data. To find out which drive was the boot drive I disconnected one drive but even though they aren't technically RAID'ed it still seems to require the two drives together to boot!

The reason i'm asking is that the data drive is full and a new 2tb drive has been purchased to replace the near full data drive. My questions are..

1. Can I just switch the RAID off completely and the machine will boot with the OS drive attached?
    2. If that doesn't work can I create a true image .tib image, trash the RAID completely then re-image back to a single drive.

I cannot work out why this is causing an issue as if its not as if the data is striped across the pair of HDDs?

Any ideas welcome!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I would just plug the drive in, create a new container for it, and Ghost your volume over. If it works then you're all set, and if not, at least you haven't modified the original drive set.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread