+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Anyone managed to Install Apple Quicktime and CS6 via MDT 2012 in Technical; I'm just getting started with MDT and have installed a few other applications along with drivers but am having a ...

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post

Anyone managed to Install Apple Quicktime and CS6 via MDT 2012

I'm just getting started with MDT and have installed a few other applications along with drivers but am having a bit of difficulty with the following applications

Adobe CS6 Master Collection
    Used the Adobe Enterprise to make the MSI for CS6 but get the error 1603 during image build. I've set this as part of the Install Applications process.

This is the command I'm using: msiexec /i CS6_Master_Collection.msi /qb

Apple Quicktime
    A strange one with with Quicktime, the application opens and plays MOV test files but doesn't play the trailers found at iTunes Movie Trailers, I just get a Q with a Question mark over the top. The plugin is installed in IE9 ok, IE9 is installed in the build Image before quicktime. Both application support and quicktime are installed as part of the Install Applications process. IE 9 in installed in its own Task before the Install Applications Task Sequence.

First I install Apple Application support as an MSI using the command: msiexec /i AppleApplicationSupport.msi /quiet /passive SCHEDULE_ASUW=0 ASUWINSTALLED=0

Second I install Apple Quicktime using the command: msiexec /i QuickTime.msi /log c:\windows\temp\quick.txt /quiet /passive /norestart ASUWINSTALLED=0 APPLEAPPLICATIONSUPPORTISINSTALLED=1 DESKTOP_SHORTCUTs=NO QT_TRAY_ICON=NO SCHEDULE_ASUW=0 ASUWINSTALLED=0

Googling hasn't returned much help.

Thanks
    Last edited by Davit2005; 9th June 2013 at 10:12 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I can't help you with the QuickTime thing but of the CS5 installer is anything to go by, you need to run it with a /q or /qn switch rather than /qb.

Thank Post
    This will probably not help you in any way but when I was trying to install CS3 (yes I know its really old) I had to run it in Windows XP Compatibility Mode with our MDT. Adobe also have a couple of logs you can look through which get created during the install process.

EDIT:

I would also 'Pause' MDT during the build so you can see whats going on then disable the pause once you're done with your dummy run.
    Last edited by jaminben; 9th June 2013 at 02:01 PM.

4. Thanks to jaminben from:

Davit2005 (12th June 2013)

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
    This will probably not help you in any way but when I was trying to install CS3 (yes I know its really old) I had to run it in Windows XP Compatibility Mode with our MDT. Adobe also have a couple of logs you can look through which get created during the install process.

EDIT:

I would also 'Pause' MDT during the build so you can see whats going on then disable the pause once you're done with your dummy run.
    Will give this a try tomorrow, is there anyone else out there that has managed to do this ?????

Bump, Bump

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    When you created an installer using the enterprise deployment kit for CS5, the resulting MSI has to be executed completely silently, i.e. with /qn or /q switch. Executing it with /qb gives you a basic progress bar which makes the installer error. I don't know for sure that it's the same with CS6 but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think that has a better chance of being true than needing to run in XP compatibility mode. That makes sense for CS3 but CS3 was released in 2007, just after Vista was released.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread