+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
O/S Deployment Thread, WinPE 4 Keyboard and Mouse Issues in Technical; Which driver did you use?...

Thank Post
    Which driver did you use?

Thank Post
    Capture.PNG

This one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Had this problem the other day with a HP prodesk 600 g1 pulled the Intel drivers from PE and all was well again.

Thank Post
    Thanks for responding. I just wanted a confirmation though... I have this issue with WinPE5 booting, SCCM is set to prompt for password before imaging (we are paranoid...). In some cases, the keyboards will not work. It isn't consistent by model - we might image five of the same model and one will do it consistently. The only way we've found is to plug in an old Mac keyboard.
    This fix of pointing to the older Intel driver... This is in the WinPE boot image you are referring to?

Regards.
    Mike Kirda

Thank Post
    I have the same issue with SCCM 2012. Just wanted to create a standalone media incase we have an issue with network ever and have found the bootup media won't allow keyboard to work with DELL 960s or 755. I will look for a MAC keyboard but we have tried all sorts of other Windows keyboards. TIA

Thank Post
    Hi I have the same issue with WinPE for some older DELL Optiplex models - as soon as SCCM media boots up into WinPE and we have to type in the password before starting the Task Sequence, the keyboard light goes out and then we can do nothing. I have tried adding USB drives to the boot image, that didn't help unless they weren't the right USB keyboard drivers. We need to be able to bootup using standalone media for those standalone workstations which are not able to get onto network. After tearing my hair out for a few days, I did find a newer USB MAC keyboard worked! I am using this keyboard for the time being but a bit of a nuisance so we need to find a long term solution.

Thank Post
    We are having keyboard issue now with our pxe boot x86 boot wim, it is acting like the standard usb keyboard input drivers are missing or turned off. It is happening on a broad range of desktop computers that are using older usb 2.0 usb ports. The ports are all function because I am able to plug a ps2 keyboard into some of the desktops and when we plug usb drive into the desktops the usb drive is visible on the desktops so the usb port are working but when a keyboard or a mouse is plugged in it does nothing

I read in a earlier post that removal of an intel driver fixed the problems, any more info on which intel driver was removed would be helpful as we have been adding few usb host controllers thinking it was a usb controller driver.

Thank Post
    Also experiencing this problem with Dell Optiplex 745s and 755s. Also would love if someone could expand on the process of pulling the Intel drivers from PE? I think I got lost at that point. Thanks!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,319 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In MDT I just set a filter to not include any extra drivers in the distribution share then regenerated the boot.wim, renamed it to something else and added it back into WDS as a different image that could be used to boot those. Not sure about how to do it with MDT but probably along the lines of using DSIM to mount the boot wim offline and pull the intel USB3 drivers by inf name which is somewhat more involved. There is probably an easier way but I don't generally deal with SCCM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12