+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, MDT 2012 / WDS - How to add to/modify existing (thin) image and recapture in Technical; Hi, I had originally used this book Deployment Fundamentals - Volume 1 Migrating to Windows 7 using MDT 2010 Lite ...

Thank Post

MDT 2012 / WDS - How to add to/modify existing (thin) image and recapture

Hi,

I had originally used this book Deployment Fundamentals - Volume 1 Migrating to Windows 7 using MDT 2010 Lite Touch and WDS and recently used this book Deployment Fundamentals - Volume 4 Deploying Windows 8 and Office 2013 Using MDT 2012 Update 1 to upgrade and prepare for both Windows 7 and future Windows 8 Rollout(s).

Everything is setup and working fine, we have 2 deployments shares set up; MDTBuild for creating the initial image(s); which are then imported and used as the base image for the live deployment (MDTProduction).

I have created a base image OK, but now I would like to create another (fat) image containing a lot of additional software for a specific room; so we then deploy all the software is all ready on.

I know that I could just create a new (fat) image again starting from scratch; restarting the whole MDTBuild process (and then reimport into MDTProduction); but as the existing (thin) image is current and configured correctly; how can I (re)use this existing image and add more software to it; then (re)capture and sysprep it again? (have i answered my own question...capture and sysprep task??)

I know it is probably straight forward answer/process, and I am sure I have done it before; (brain freeze!)
    Thanks
    Last edited by MYK-IT; 15th May 2013 at 11:01 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread