+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
O/S Deployment Thread, Deployment Shares in Technical; Originally Posted by sted no every time ive tried multicast it runs so slow i gave up images that unicast ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    no

every time ive tried multicast it runs so slow i gave up images that unicast take 20-30 mins take hours multicast. One of these days i will do a cm network or something simple and try and narrow down the issues (i suspect its spanning tree or some other switch config)
    Thanks - How large is your image and how long does it take you to image an ICT Suite (24 computers)? Just want to know if I should give up on Multicast and continue as I am? I have 450 machines to deploy over summer.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Thanks - How large is your image and how long does it take you to image an ICT Suite (24 computers)? Just want to know if I should give up on Multicast and continue as I am? I have 450 machines to deploy over summer.
    it varies from school to school time wise but the image here is what i usually use file size 6.25gb (base win7x64 ent with office 2010 and updated to jan 2013). Rebuilt a school suite in the holidays did the entire suite 20ish pcs iirc) took about 30-40 mins to deploy image but that was full gb network AND server 2012 with 2 teamed 1gb cards. it also depends where you stop counting when mdt has finished (which can massively depend on any msi's the pcs gets) and it can often sit as long doing applying sysprep files after the image is on the pc. unfortunately its a how long is a piece of string question

Thank Post
    I use a separate deployment share for deploying 'standalone' images (i.e. laptops not on domain).

I also have development and production shares, but I seem to only use development.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    Attachment 18137

is an example of the menu where i am
    Going back to this menu. Does each item relate to a different deployment share? If so when you capture an image do you then need to transfer it to the "deploy" deployment share?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    Going back to this menu. Does each item relate to a different deployment share? If so when you capture an image do you then need to transfer it to the "deploy" deployment share?
    in that case no

windows deploy is a wds boot to deploy xp images
    windows capture is a wds boot to capture windows xp pcs
    windows 7 rescue is a network bootable version of windows 7 with a gui and various tools to fix pcs or at worst yank data off without me having to find a cd/dvd/pen drive to boot from
    the bottom one is my mdt boot don't have any captures there iirc or if I do the boot image is hidden as I don't need it atm

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12