+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Unattend.xml file - fat fingered error, best way to fix.. in Technical; Right, ok, just busy making new images for the school at the moment. Been a huge number in the change ...
    Thank Post

Unattend.xml file - fat fingered error, best way to fix..

Right, ok, just busy making new images for the school at the moment. Been a huge number in the change of software and what not, plus I've noticed SP1 (Win 7) hasn't deployed properly to all machines, so Ifigured lets do this.

Anyway, long story short, on the autologon for the admin in the unattend.xml file, I fat-fingered 5 instead of 2. Now, I've noticed after doing the second image, so thankfully for the next few I create I can use a new file to get that sorted, but for these images I've already made, I'm wondering what the best thing to do is.

Now, the unattend.xml is built into the SysPrep'd image and it all works beautifully, apart from the fact I'm not restarting the machine 5 times to get out of the loop. So, I'm wondering, if I put the unattend.xml file into the image in WDS (right click on image > properties > allow image to run in unattended mode and choose the file) will this supercede the unattend file that is built into the image? Or will I get conflicts. I can probably give it a test, but I thought before I mess things up too much, I'd seek some advice.

Images - one of those things you do every 12-18months and forget everything in between. Fun huh! lol.

Thank Post
    The answer is yes, if I put a new unattended file in the image properties on WDS, it does have priority over the one that I SysPrep'd with my Fat Finger errors ..

EDIT: I decided to give it a go!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 974 Posts
    Fat Finger Syndrome - Only subscribed as not used WDS , have heard of it and know what it is but couldn't give you a definite answer

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread