+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Rebuild deployment share on server when installing from server at the same time? in Technical; Hi, There are now three of us that build from the server at different locations. If im working on the ...

Thank Post

Rebuild deployment share on server when installing from server at the same time?

Hi,

There are now three of us that build from the server at different locations.

If im working on the server and update the deployment share, what happens if someone tries to install windows from the share when its being updated?

Thanks.

p.s. Whats the difference between optimize and a complete re-build. The optimise option never works.

Thank Post
    You should have a build share and a production share really if there are a few of you going at it. If someone is installing windows while you are updating it will follow the task sequence it started but will run into issues if you have removed/renamed files etc, unless its past that stage.

Thank Post
    Unfortunatly where we are using WDS and MDT together we can only have the one share, look like i will have to update at night.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dany2010 View Post
    Unfortunatly where we are using WDS and MDT together we can only have the one share, look like i will have to update at night.

Thanks.
    Might be a bit of a rudely inquisitive question, but do you mind expanding on this?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsonga View Post
    Might be a bit of a rudely inquisitive question, but do you mind expanding on this?
    Hi,

Just been reading and the reason why I thought I could only use one share is that it defaults to the first. If I edit the bootstrap file your supposed to be able to see both.

We use both WDS for the press f12 pxe network boot an MDT for the os and drivers. We only have server 2008 so no drivers in WDS.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dany2010 View Post
    Hi,

Just been reading and the reason why I thought I could only use one share is that it defaults to the first. If I edit the bootstrap file your supposed to be able to see both.

We use both WDS for the press f12 pxe network boot an MDT for the os and drivers. We only have server 2008 so no drivers in WDS.
    What I mean is, why do you not make another Deployment Share and then put the boot images that they create into WDS? Meaning when you press f12 you will have an option of 4 boot images instead of 2 (presuming you use the x64 and x86 boot image). 2 of these will connect you to one deployment share, the other 2 will connection you to the other deployment share. Testing and Live.

Excuse me if I have interpreted this incorrectly.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread