+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
O/S Deployment Thread, ImageX / Windows PE 3.0 and NIC Drivers in Technical; yes just mount the wim file and copy the files to the mountdir (in the dir you want to find ...

Thank Post
    yes just mount the wim file and copy the files to the mountdir (in the dir you want to find them in) then unmount /commit it

2. Thanks to sted from:

mac_shinobi (15th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 969 Posts
    ok bit more help required

Have tried the NIC drivers from just the Intel site and attempted to make a bootable USB Win Pe memory stick

Done the same but with the NIC Drivers from the Lenovo site only

Both times I either get

1. A flashing or blinking cursor and it does not load the windows pe enviroment
    2. The usual NIC errors ie ping request timed out or the likes

Are there any Lenovo and or Dell Win PE 3 driver packages I can use or how am I supposed to get the NIC Drivers working
    @sted
    @SYNACK
    @Arthur

Or anyone else ta

Computer Models that I need the one memory stick to work with

Laptops :

Latitude D630
    Latitude E6400

Lenovo T400 ( both 64752Y2 and 64759Y4 )
    Lenovo T410 ( 2537D88 )
    Lenovo T420 ( 4236CP7 )
    Lenovo T430 ( 2349KQ1 )

Desktop wise

Lenovo M57 ( I think model number is 7360-A3G )
    Lenovo M58e ( 7514A87 and 7514A41 )
    Lenovo M71e ( 3167AJ8 )
    Lenovo M72e ( 3664B78 )

I can confirm the M71e model number if required
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 28th January 2013 at 01:56 PM.

Thank Post
    have you tried a diff network socket i have an odd school where 1 or 2 sockets just wont pxe

Thank Post
    Network sockets / ports are fine as works fine with someone elses pre created bootable usb memory stick. Just doing this myself as some of the drivers used by the other person are really slow and tried to make a backup of there memory stick but that didnt work either.

Setup as follows :

NAS on a 169 address connected to a gigabit switch and we boot any client pc ( whether laptop or desktop ) using the memory stick ( ensuring said client is connected to the same switch ). Doing it this way as want to seperate the network traffic when imaging versus the live system.

Thank Post
    I take it the temp network has access to a dhcp and pxe server

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    I take it the temp network has access to a dhcp and pxe server
    WinPe 3 usb flash memory stick with ImageX, FindStr and a Bat file ( Using WAIK / DISM to inject drivers for specific models of machines ) and then WinPe just uses the 169 address range to communicate with the NAS on the same switch.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,669 Times in 2,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Do you have one of each model imaged already, you should be able to get the hardware id of each then find the right drivers, do an internal text search for the device id to make sure then integrate these into the boot win.

If you have MDT and it can't find the driver it will prompt you with the device id.

9. Thanks to SYNACK from:

mac_shinobi (31st January 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    If you have MDT and it can't find the driver it will prompt you with the device id.
    does it ive never seen it do that just end up with std vga or unknown device etc in dev manager

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,669 Times in 2,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    does it ive never seen it do that just end up with std vga or unknown device etc in dev manager
    Its only the later versions when booting the pe environment and only for the network card. Just brings it up in a message box.

If you have one going you can just go through device manager and grab it from there even for unknown devices, well in windows vista or above - so anything remotely modern

12. Thanks to SYNACK from:

mac_shinobi (31st January 2013)

Thank Post
    aye if you have one working just grab the contents of C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository and copy anything after about 2009 off the pc and import into mdt/your wim file ive done that before when a manufactureres websites being a pita

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    WinPe 3 usb flash memory stick
    This might be a stupid question, but are you using the correct type of drivers for your Windows PE? i.e. 32-bit drivers for WinPE x86 / 64-bit drivers for WinPE x64?

15. Thanks to Arthur from:

mac_shinobi (30th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Not using MDT and will try and get the Device ID's over the next week or so. I think it was a bootable issue on the usb flash drive, currently using YUMI to create a new bootable usb flash drive but want multiple ISO's on it, worked fine with just my PE ISO.

The only issue or annoyance I have now is how can I safely re do the menu on the YUMI Flash drive so if I have a few PE ISO's loaded onto the one flash drive it does not name them Boot to Vista / 7 for each of the windows PE bootable ISO's ??

Currently want to have or put most if not all the following items onto one flash drive :

* Parted Magic
    * Ultimate Boot CD
    * Hirens CD
    * Trinity Rescue Kit
    * Orphcrack XP
    * Orphcrack Vista / 7
    * Dell Diagnostic
    * Lenovo Diagnostic
    * Activ Disc

* Win LPE ISO ( Lenovo NIC Drivers Only )
    * 2nd PE ISO

Both PE need the latest menu.bat and Findstr.exe

Basically trying to make a bootable usb flash drive with a multitude of utilities for

1. Data Recovery
    2. Diagnostics of both Dell and Lenovo computers ( Desktop and Laptop )
    3. Win PE ISO's ( which I have 2 of , possibly a 3rd one for Intel Drivers )
    4. Activ Disc ( which I have the ISO for already ) as we use this for re doing asset tags and imaging on some older laptops
    5. Password Recovery ( orphcrack although if possible can use different password recovery tool or tools ). I know Hirens and possibly ultimate boot cd allow to over write or blank out the password(s) which will be used to reset local admin passwords on machines if needed.
    6. Parted magic ( self explanatory )

If there is or are any other things I am missing or would be good to have on there then please suggest them, will try and put ubunutu remix on there but not sure if it will work.
    @Arthur - downloaded only the x86 ( 32 bit ) drivers for the NIC's as only imaging windows 7 32 bit, if required I can re do the windows pe boot ISO at a later date if I need x64.

edit - saying that though, when I extract the supposed 32 bit drivers at least for the Lenovo drivers I end up with both a 32 bit and 64 bit folder which both have drivers in them, will that effect or muck up the windows pe memory stick ?

It does include all if not most of the drivers that are in the drivers main directory as I use the recurse switch without any failures or errors etc

Link to YUMI --> YUMI - Multiboot USB Creator (Windows) | USB Pen Drive Linux
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 30th January 2013 at 07:01 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12