+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Gamemaker Roll Out over SCCM 2012 in Technical; We are rolling out our software through SCCM 2012 and I've struck a problem with GameMaker version 8.1 (free version). ...

Thank Post

Gamemaker Roll Out over SCCM 2012

We are rolling out our software through SCCM 2012 and I've struck a problem with GameMaker version 8.1 (free version). I wonder if anyone else has faced this issue.

Since (I think) version 8.1, GameMaker has insisted on installing itself into the installer's profile. This, of course, can be changed to c:\program files(x86) or whatever. However, only the executables end up in this new path. The main settings seem to end up in the installer's local profile.

I've had no luck installing it as an application, even after packaging it in Ghost AI. I feel that it's because of all of the "personal" settings that it makes.

Has anyone rolled out GameMaker v8.1 through SCCM 2012. If so, any tricks I should know about?

Thanks

Thank Post
    I tried that too, but you cant do it. The free version is deliberately locked down to prevent silent or automated installs so you have to buy their educational version that comes as an msi.

Thank Post
    I think this is why we stuck with GameMaker7 we deploy that via MSI/Group Policy

Thank Post
    I ended up installing 8 in XP!! I then copied the files that Gamemaker stuck in my profile over to the "program Files" folder that it created and then stuck the lot onto a network share. I then set up a VBS script that copies that shared folder over to the target machine and a shortcut to the Public Users desktop. Created an SCCM deployment package that runs the VBS Script on demand...

A bit complicated to set up but it works (and not as YoYo Games intended) but I can now concentrate on all the other "impossible to install" packages!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread