+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, FAILURE (7002): Computer is a memory of domain error when trying to capture an image in Technical; We've been using WDS / MDT for sometime now, quite happily. Today, I'm putting together a new base image (stripped ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

FAILURE (7002): Computer is a memory of domain error when trying to capture an image

We've been using WDS/MDT for sometime now, quite happily. Today, I'm putting together a new base image (stripped down edition!) to have a play with. So I do the usual thing, build the machine with WDS from the basic Windows 7 image, update it, join domain, add the apps we want as part of the base. I tweak my rules on MDT for capturing, start the litetouch.vbs on the reference computer, select capture the image and get the a failure message:

FAILURE (7002): Computer is a member of a domain, should be in a workgroup when sysprepping.

I'm stumped, I'm sure I'm following all the steps we usually do but this is just odd. I can't for the life of me work out what's gone wrong. Seems odd as we've always captured the machine when its been on the domain before. Why stop now?

Any ideas?

Pete

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just as an update; I'm pretty damn sure we ran the LiteTouch.vbs script on a machine when it was part of a domain and it went off and did what it has always done. This message of 'Computer is a member of a domain error' I suppose was shouting at me what the problem was. I've been pulling my hair out, shouting at the thing that you've always worked like this before, why now.... the only thing I can see is that I updated to MDT2012 from MDT2010 since we did our 'reference' image earlier this year. Disjoined the machine from the domain and all seems to work again, but I'm sure I never had to do that before!

Oh well, hopefully all is well. It was chance to build up WDS, AIK and MDT on a test network to understand the functionality behind it all again.

Pete

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread