+ Post New Thread
O/S Deployment Thread, Sysprep Help in Technical; Hello, This is my first try at using sysprep and I am looking for some general information. I am using ...

Thank Post

Sysprep Help

Hello,

This is my first try at using sysprep and I am looking for some general information.
    I am using WIM to do this.
    Is it possible to setup my anwser file to detect somethings and react accordingly. For example, I want to deploy the same image on some Dells and some HPs both using Server 2008. The paritioning for the two machines would be different as well as some other things.

Is this the right way to go about this or should I have to create multiple images with different unattend files specified?

Thanks,

Bruce

Thank Post
    Not too familiar with WIM myself I deploy with Ghost, but I might be able to help with sysprep.
    Please clarify are you deploying a Win Server 2008 image or using server 2k8 to deploy another os. Also setting the partition, do you mean since the two computers are different model that the hdd sizes are different? We deploy win 7 on six-or-so different model computers and use the same answer file.

Thank Post
    Hi,

In this case I used to create separate images, however if you start looking in MDT this maybe the correct direction. You can create a base image, just including your os. Then create a task sequence to install drivers and software depending on base station you have.

Thank Post
    I am with teklogic on this, install and learn MDT which integrates into your windows deployment. You can then start doing Light Touch Installs as well as Zero Touch Installs. If you want to dive off the deep end you can drop wds all together and go SCCM which is what we use. All my drives partition as part of the task sequence during the initial OS install.
    Last edited by Haxcid; 9th October 2012 at 12:19 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread