The MoE in NZ have negotiated the renewal of the Microsoft agreement for another two years from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2012. They have also announced the renewal of anti virus licensing for schools however have changed the product from CA Integrated Threat Managment to Symantecís End Point Protection (SEP) antivirus.

This is great news for schools that no longer face loosing half of their IT budgets (subject to school) on software subscriptions. I am not sure about the switch to the Symantec product as in the near past it has been a bit of an underperformer but I have heard good things about their new AV core so am hopeing for the best.

TKI - The ICT Helpdesk - About the ICT Helpdesk
Latest news about the Microsoft New Zealand School Agreement 2010-2012 and the Ministry of Educationís new antivirus provider for schools
Latest updates

The Ministry of Education has signed a new agreement with Microsoft to continue commitment to the Microsoft New Zealand School Agreement from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2012.
The Ministry is continuing to support anti-virus in your school. However, there has been a change of provider to Symantecís End Point Protection (SEP) antivirus.
All information about these new agreements, including enrolment and registration forms, FAQs and all other associated documentation, will be posted to this site as at 1 September 2009.
Your school will be contacted by email to enrol and register in each of these programmes in the first week of September 2009.
I'm not sure exactly when the news was posted as my checks of the site had become less frequent given that this is the first update in two years