Mount Albert Grammar School needs a new Network Manager.

MAGS is a very large public high school in Auckland, with 2700 students, 300 staff, 700 client devices. We mostly run Macs with Windows 2008 R2 servers, but with a number of Windows 7 Netbooks and similar.

You will need:
  • Some Mac or *nix experience
  • High level Windows server experience
  • Management experience (this is super important. I would not recommend this role to someone new to management)
  • Automation abilities
  • Solid network troubleshooting and CLI experience in Allied Telesis or other Cisco-like environments
  • The patience of a saint

MAGS has lots of cool toys, making this a really diverse role. The network gear and the servers are all brand new, UFB is being installed this year, everything is very thoroughly documented and we have a contract with a great services company to help out with big projects and crises. This will be a fantastic role for the right person.

The right person will be someone with a solid base of experience, lots of confidence, patience with the technically challenged and preferably a bit of project management. You will definitely need to be comfortable dealing with senior managers and able to negotiate with/manage them. I would strongly recommend actual management experience in this environment. You will have two direct reports and the benefit of some students for grunt work.

Sound interesting? If you want to have a chat about it or send your CV, I'm delighted to hear from you: adminm@mags.school.nz