The perfect LAMP setup???
Im just about to setup a web server for our website and moodle. Now ive had no problems in the past setting up a LAMP using debian and ubuntu, well infact most *nix varieties but i tend to use debian. Ive never built one to be public facing so im after suggestions on;
1. Which distro should i use? Is there any advantages to buying a commercially supported distro?
2. Backup solutions... how should i do this? Bare in mind there may be several hundred GB of data to back up with it being a Moodle server.
3. Any reasons why moodle shouldnt be on the same (physical) server as the website?
4. Configuration. Apart from strong passwords and directory ACLs is there anything i may have missed here?
5. Extra security software. Any suggestions on anything to beef up security?
6. Chroot, should i or not?
7. 64bit? Yes no?
Any other suggestions or comments? :-)