+ Post New Thread
*nix Thread, Karoshi iso problem in Technical; hi all i have recently setup a workstation to run karoshi server 7.03 i have added the distribution module so ...

Thank Post

Karoshi iso problem

hi all

i have recently setup a workstation to run karoshi server 7.03
    i have added the distribution module so i can cast images to workstations...and here is the problem..i have placed the iso in /home/distributions/linux_distro and when trying to upload through the Karoshi management /client/linux client/upload iso..then i hit a problem..i browse to the iso click open then submit..i get the error that "The connection was reset".. the computer is not connected to the internet although i have no problem accessing the WEB management page...i hope that this is enough information for you...please help

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Moving to *nix forum.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would suggest you PM linuxgirlie as Karoshi is her baby and she would be able to give you the best advice possible.

4. Thanks to Dos_Box from:

tosh61 (26th October 2011)

Thank Post
    thanks for the advice....

Thank Post
    Hi tosh61, couple of questions so I can try replicating the problem

What ISO are you trying to upload? Is it the karoshi client ISO itself? Are you also accessing the uploader in the web management from the server or a remote machine on the same network. Also does the error appear immediately or after a while.

I seem to recall a problem with a "the connection reset" message being displayed if a large iso is trying to be uploaded (above 700MB) but this takes a while to appear. If this is the case then I will contact one of the developers and work out how we resolved this bug when we were developing the module.

Quote Originally Posted by tosh61 View Post
    hi all

i have recently setup a workstation to run karoshi server 7.03
    i have added the distribution module so i can cast images to workstations...and here is the problem..i have placed the iso in /home/distributions/linux_distro and when trying to upload through the Karoshi management /client/linux client/upload iso..then i hit a problem..i browse to the iso click open then submit..i get the error that "The connection was reset".. the computer is not connected to the internet although i have no problem accessing the WEB management page...i hope that this is enough information for you...please help

Thank Post
    Hi Daniel

yes you are correct...the image is the karoshi client ..which is 2Gb..the error message takes approx 2 mins to popup...i have now added the client in var/www/html also...just to ensure that i have the correct permissions to upload..i am using the web management as i have yet to setup any other computers to connect..this is a trial network that we want to appraise and for possible use in schools

many thanks

at present i have only the server built ..as i wanted to try and cast the image rather than build with the dvd...

Thank Post
    Thanks tosh. This error does sound pretty familiar so we are planning to test it tomorrow with the linux client distro. If it is the problem we are thinking (http maxing out how much data we can send nicely) then we will create a patch to fix this problem. Probably something using ftp.

Thank Post
    Just got give an update on this.

We are creating in the next day a new way of handling isos for this part of the system, as http seems to be a bit temperamental. What we are doing is creating an area within the itadmin samba share. Files can be place here via samba, scp etc. and then from the web management you will be able to see all the available isos from a dropdown menu within the distribution module. Selecting an ISO will prepare it for deployment.

The nice thing about doing it this way will allow us later on to extend functionality to multiple cd images. So you will be able to deploy systems with different software setups (windows & linux) to different computers rather than being restricted to using one image only. Our eta for the new share and dropdown method is about 1 to 2 days to get it coded and tested.

Thank Post
    The module has now been updated, providing a location in itadminshare to upload isos to. They are then accessible from the web management for the distribution module.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread