*nix Thread, New version of Putty available in Technical; I'm sure people will not disagree with me that Putty is the de-facto SSH client on Windows. At least it ...
20th July 2011, 10:18 PM #1
New version of Putty available
I'm sure people will not disagree with me that Putty is the de-facto SSH client on Windows. At least it is my 80x24 window to escapism.
Well now we have a new version available, Putty 0.61 (beta). Amazingly its been 4 years since the last update.
PuTTY Download Page
Change log from the Putty Website.
These features are new in beta 0.61 (released 2011-07-12):
- Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication in SSH-2.
- Local X11 authorisation support on Windows. (Unix already had it, of course.)
- Support for non-fixed-width fonts on Windows.
- GTK 2 support on Unix.
- Specifying the logical host name independently of the physical network address to connect to.
- Crypto and flow control optimisations.
- Support for the firstname.lastname@example.org SSH-2 compression method.
- Support for new Windows 7 UI features: Aero resizing and jump lists.
- Support for OpenSSH AES-encrypted private key files in PuTTYgen.
- Bug fix: handles OpenSSH private keys with primes in either order.
- Bug fix: corruption of port forwarding is fixed (we think).
- Bug fix: various crashes and hangs when exiting on failure,
- Bug fix: hang in the serial back end on Windows.
- Bug fix: Windows clipboard is now read asynchronously, in case of deadlock due to the clipboard owner being at the far end of the same PuTTY's network connection (either via X forwarding or via tunnelled rdesktop).
3 Thanks to apaton:
dhicks (20th July 2011), Martin (20th July 2011), RabbieBurns (15th August 2011)
31st January 2012, 10:47 PM #2
I never notice that another Putty was made available in December 2011. 0.62
Looking at the change release the security fix seems important protection from possible malware.
These features are new in beta 0.62 (released 2011-12-10):
- Security fix: PuTTY no longer retains passwords in memory by mistake.
- Bug fix: Pageant now talks to both new-style clients (0.61 and above) and old-style (0.60 and below).
- Bug fix: PuTTY no longer prints a spurious "Access denied" message when GSSAPI authentication fails.
- Bug fix: PSCP and PSFTP now honour nonstandard port numbers in SSH saved sessions.
- Bug fix: Pageant no longer leaks a file handle when an authentication fails.
- Bug fix: PuTTYtel no longer crashes when saving a session.
- Bug fix: PuTTY now draws underlines under the underlined text instead of sometimes putting them somewhere off to the right.
- Bug fix: PuTTY now should not draw VT100 line drawing characters at the wrong vertical offset.
Thanks to apaton from:
AngryTechnician (1st February 2012)
By dhicks in forum Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Last Post: 22nd June 2010, 02:10 PM
By localzuk in forum General Chat
Last Post: 24th March 2010, 08:36 PM
By russdev in forum General Chat
Last Post: 12th July 2009, 07:37 AM
By Dos_Box in forum Network and Classroom Management
Last Post: 16th June 2009, 11:01 AM
By goodhead in forum Windows
Last Post: 5th March 2009, 04:22 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)